REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and ATLANTA, April 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/-- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, and Cirracore, a member of the VMware vCloud® Air™ Network and a leading supplier of VMware®-based enterprise cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions, today announced that Cirracore has joined the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ to provide direct, scalable and reliable access to its enterprise cloud platform in Equinix's Atlanta and Dallas International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers. By joining the Cloud Exchange, Cirracore now enables enterprise customers in each of these markets to seamlessly and securely move workloads in and out of their VMware-based cloud.
Many enterprise customers today operate cloud infrastructure based on VMware technology. As these companies look to deploy a hybrid cloud model, the ability to access Cirracore's platform via the Cloud Exchange simplifies the process of moving workloads between VMware-based clouds, by eliminating the need for conversion or translation. Cirracore's customers have already expressed their support for this direct access and the benefit it will provide them. According to Mark Skinner, Director of IT for Colibrium, a provider of software for the health insurance industry, "Providing direct, private access to Cirracore gives us the ability to offer secure, scalable, and highly available environments for our largest clients; allowing our software to service 200% more applications than last year's open enrollment."
Highlights / Key Facts
- Direct and secure access to Cirracore's cloud platform will be immediately available via Equinix Cloud Exchange in Dallas and Atlanta data centers. Cirracore is the first cloud provider to offer connection to its services on Cloud Exchange in the Atlanta market. Atlanta has emerged as a frontrunner in business and technology innovation, being one of the country's leading markets for health IT companies, telecom and Internet security and emerging as a mobile payment epicenter.
- Cirracore provides enterprise cloud resources, cloud backup and continuous replication to geographically diverse locations.
- Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 20 markets globally – Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Osaka, Paris, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. – with expansion planned to Zurich in early 2015.
- Chris Sharp, vice president, cloud innovation, Equinix "We recognize that our enterprise customers' needs vary based on their particular cloud deployment. By providing access to Cirracore's cloud platform from our Cloud Exchange, we can ensure that enterprise customers running VMware in our locations can quickly and easily provision additional cloud resources in mere minutes, without any impact to their performance."
- Fred Tanzella, CEO, Cirracore "Joining the Equinix Cloud Exchange will allow Cirracore to deploy resources for its current and new customers for their private virtual data centers with a virtual cross-connect in a fraction of the time it would normally take without the Cloud Exchange. The Equinix Cloud Exchange opens up a huge market for us and makes it easy for Equinix customers to add VMware cloud resources"
- Brad Hauser, AVP of insurance solutions at Mphasis "As a part of the Equinix Cloud Exchange, Cirracore better positions Mphasis to offer insurers a secure and reliable cloud-based billing solution that enables them to improve customer service, reduce costs, and create competitive differentiation."
- Mark Skinner, Director of IT for Colibrium "Access to Cirracore via the Equinix Cloud Exchange in both the Atlanta and Dallas market enables Cirracore to quickly and securely provision connections to our health insurance customers, opening up new growth opportunities for us."
About Equinix Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 33 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. http://www.equinix.com/.
About Cirracore Cirracore, a member of the VMware vCloud Air Network, is a global provider of managed VMware-based enterprise multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud solutions for mission critical applications that allow enterprises to scale operations while reducing costs and IT infrastructure support. Cirracore has rapidly become one of the most respected high-performance enterprise Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers in the industry serving a global enterprise customer base. Cirracore has partnered with premier companies that are leaders in their respective industries to provide best in class service to our customers. Visit Cirracore to learn about enterprise cloud hosting at http://www.cirracore.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.