REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that ContentBridge, a leading provider of digital supply chain solutions for the media and entertainment industry, has turned to Equinix to implement an Interconnection Oriented Architecture™ (IOA™) that will enable the company to transform its digital content distribution solution to a fully cloud-based, distributed model. By utilizing Equinix Cloud Exchange™, ContentBridge is able to gain secure, direct access to multiple cloud providers to enable rapid, secure content delivery. Equinix will be discussing this deployment in booth #11304 (in the Connected Media Pavilion) at this week's NAB Show, taking place April 16- 21 in Las Vegas.
ContentBridge enables studios, distributors and aggregators to deliver movie, television, short-form and music content to digital media retailers more efficiently than traditional postproduction operations. Driven by a need for a robust and scalable solution for its digital supply chain business, ContentBridge turned to Equinix to improve its delivery model by gaining access to the thousands of cloud and network service providers inside Equinix's global platform of 145 data centers in 40 markets around the world. In addition to creating a seamless cloud infrastructure, by working with Equinix, ContentBridge is also able to achieve industry-leading scalability and expansion, and extremely fast delivery to multiple content delivery networks (CDNs).
Highlights / Key Facts
- Working with Equinix, ContentBridge re-architected its IT based on an Interconnection Oriented Architecture™ or IOA™ model, which is a transformative approach to interconnecting people, locations, clouds & data. Developed by Equinix, IOA is a proven and repeatable engagement model that shifts the fundamental IT delivery architecture from siloed and centralized to interconnected and distributed. And, only Platform Equinix™ provides the critical building blocks to implement this architecture – a global footprint of data centers, dense cloud and service provider ecosystems, and the ability to integrate data and analytics at the edge.
- For multi-cloud access, ContentBridge utilized Equinix Cloud Exchange, an interconnection-based solution that provides direct, private access to multiple cloud providers, such as Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform, via a single port.
- On Tuesday, April 19th, Equinix and ContentBridge executives, Brian Lillie and Douglas Reinart, will be participating in a panel at the NAB Show that discusses how cloud has shifted the media industry landscape over the last three years, and looks at the future of technology trends shaping media today. For more information on this panel, click here.
- Robert Blackburn, Vice President, Equinix
"Equinix is thrilled to be working with ContentBridge to help them offer cost-effective, secure and high-performing digital supply chain solutions for the entertainment industry. A cloud-based solution will enable the company to eliminate costly hardware, as well as significantly improve content delivery time. Ultimately, the relationship with Equinix will allow ContentBridge to bring advanced digital supply chain solutions directly to the content, wherever the content owner chooses to maintain the digital library."
- Jason Peterson, CEO, ContentBridge
"Thanks to Equinix, we have access to an amazing data center with direct interconnection to all of the major cloud service providers. We were able to consolidate our operational footprint by relocating our client services team within the same highly secure facility as our servers and cloud interconnect. This relationship also clears a path for ContentBridge to rapidly achieve global reach."
- Learn more about Equinix's solutions for the digital media and entertainment industry [website]
- Interconnection Oriented Architecture Rolls Out the Red Carpet for Entertainment's Media Cloud Ecosystem [white paper]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.