SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 12, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global copper foil market size is expected to reach USD 10.3 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 9.7% from 2020 to 2027. Increasing demand for higher transmission speeds is likely to contribute to the demand for copper foil products.
The need for a higher frequency of telecommunication and higher speed in mobile telecommunication and optical communication system applications is likely to increase over the coming years. In order to cater to such applications, producers are developing electronic components, such as high performance printed circuit boards (PCBs). Producers are focused on developing PCBs with low die-electric loss tangent and constant and high multi-layers, wherein the copper foil is a key raw material. This is projected to open new avenues for market vendors.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Circuit boards emerged the largest application segment in 2019 and accounted for a volume share of 61.0 in 2019. Increasing demand for consumer electronics and automotive electronics is projected to fuel the growth of this application segment
- The batteries segment is projected to register the fastest growth rate in the forecast period. Increasing demand for lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles and energy storage is anticipated to remain a key contributing factor for the market growth
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market in 2019 with a volume share of over 72.0%. Increasing the production of PCBs, electronic components, and lithium-ion batteries in China, South Korea, and Japan is a primary driver for the market.
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Copper Foil Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Circuit Boards, Batteries, Electromagnetic Shielding), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/copper-foil-market
With the reduction in sizes and thickness of mobile devices, demand for thinner and smaller semiconductor packages and PCBs is projected to increase over the coming years. This is anticipated to fuel the demand for thin copper foil products over the coming years. Demand for mobile phones in India and China is projected to assist in market growth. For instance, as per statistics provided by the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, India is the second-largest market for mobile phones after China. Out of 2.53 billion global users of smartphones, 337 million users were from India at the end of 2018. India's compounded annual growth rate was 6.66% from 2007 to 2018, in terms of volume.
New investments to increase the production capacity to cater to the demand for emerging applications are projected to create new opportunities for market players. For instance, in February 2020, Circuit Foil, a copper foil producer based in Europe, announced an investment of around 40 USD million for the Wiltz copper foil production plant. This is projected to increase production by 30% and support its demand for base stations, antenna, and 5G technology captures.
Numerous countries have started conducting 5G trials, focusing on various applications through the use of different frequencies. Thus, the development of next-generation wireless systems, such as 5G and LTE-advanced, is likely to boost the demand for copper foil products in the long run. It has been estimated that China's 5G bus base station investment will reach over USD 100 billion by 2024. With an increase in 5G user penetration rate and connection requirements for the bandwidth for 5G services, the market is likely to witness lucrative growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global copper foil market on the basis of application and region:
- Copper Foil Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Circuit Boards
- Electromagnetic Shielding
- Copper Foil Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa
- List of Key Players of Copper Foil Market
- Dusan Group
- Chang Chun Group
- Circuit Foil
- LS Mtron
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- Iljin materials co,. Ltd.
- Nippon Denkai, Ltd.
Find more research reports on Advanced Interior Materials Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Battery Metals Market – Global battery metals market size was valued at USD 14.8 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% from 2020 to 2027.
- Metamaterial Market – Global metamaterial market size was estimated at USD 316.0 million in 2016. Increasing need for advanced materials that can be used in place of conventional materials in key applications such as antenna, radomes, and absorbers is expected to be a key driving factor.
- Magnet Wire Market – Global magnet wire market size was valued at USD 25.6 billion in 2018 and is expected to witness a revenue-based CAGR of 3.7% from 2019 to 2025.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.