SAN FRANCISCO, April 14, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global crop protection chemicals market size is projected to reach USD 75.54 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 3.3% during the forecast period, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for higher crop yield to counter the food scarcity is a key factors driving for the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Biopesticides are expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2020 to 2027 owing to the rising preference for bio-based chemicals
- Glyphosate active ingredient market size was USD 7.10 billion in 2019 and is expected to face a downward trend after 2019 owing to the implementation of strict regulations
- Oilseeds and pulses is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR of 3.8% from 2020 to 2027, owing to new product introduction and rising cultivation of cash crops
- Asia Pacific was the largest consumer of crop protection chemicals in 2019 with market size of USD 18.53 billion in 2019 owing to rising demand from China, India, Indonesia, and Thailand
- BASF SE, Syngenta, UPL, Corteva Agriscience, Sumitomo, and Chemtura are among the major companies operating in crop protection chemicals market. These players have integrated operations across the value chain
Read 120 page research report with ToC on "Crop Protection Chemicals Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Biopesticides), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/crop-protection-chemicals-market
Increasing agricultural production due to rising focus on novel farming practices and techniques, as well as awareness regarding soil preservation utilizing mixed farming methods, has enabled the market growth. Constant product innovation aimed at crop care is a key factor driving consumption of crop protection chemicals across application areas.
Adoption of novel farming methods across emerging economies, such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and India coupled with evolving supply channels is projected to boost the product demand. By early 2030, the global population is anticipated to reach nearly 8.5 billion with a high beam focus on industrialization which shall lead to loss of agricultural lands across all countries. This is projected to be a major factor driving demand for sustainable farming practices, thus positively affecting the demand for chemicals to enhance the yield output.
However, government regulations regarding environment protection and human safety are likely to hamper the growth of the market in the long run. Regulatory interventions have tremendous implications for the overall industry ecosystem. Manufacturers have to cope with the newly introduced regulations on manufacturing, by adjusting their operational capabilities. In case of regulatory introductions on product specifications or raw materials, the market participants have to introduce a new line of products in line with the laid protocols, which results in increased expenditure.
Grand View Research has segmented the global crop protection chemicals market based on product, application, and region:
- Crop Protection Chemicals Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- By Product
- By Active Ingredients
- By Active Ingredients
- By Active Ingredients
- Crop Protection Chemicals Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Cereals & Grains
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Crop Protection Chemicals Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Agrochemicals & Fertilizers Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Agrochemicals Market – The global agrochemicals market size was valued at USD 215.18 billion in 2016. Fertilizers, crop protection chemicals, and plant growth regulators were some of the widely used agrochemicals in 2016.
- Biostimulants Market – The global biostimulants market size was estimated at USD 1.74 billion in 2016, projected to expand at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2017 to 2025.
- Plant Growth Regulators Market – The global plant growth regulators market size was valued at USD 4.67 billion in 2016. It is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.6% from 2014 to 2020.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.