DALLAS, Sept. 24, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dallas-based intellectual property and business litigation law firm Caldwell Cassady & Curry has been named to the Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame by the publishers of Texas Lawyer newspaper.
Caldwell Cassady & Curry was recognized for winning five of the largest intellectual property verdicts handed down in Texas between 2014 and 2018. The firm served as lead counsel in all five cases. Four of the verdicts were among the Top 10 jury awards in Texas intellectual property trials during the same time frame.
"Everyone at the firm is proud to help our clients protect their valuable intellectual property," says Mr. Curry. "Winning five of the largest verdicts in Texas in a five-year span shows the level of commitment we devote to every case."
Caldwell Cassady & Curry was recognized for the following courtroom victories between 2014 and 2018:
- $625.6 million patent infringement verdict for VirnetX Inc. against Apple Inc. in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, which ranked second overall.
- $532.9 million patent infringement verdict for Smartflash LLC against Apple in another trial heard in the Eastern District of Texas, ranking as the third largest.
- $502.5 million patent infringement verdict for VirnetX against Apple in a separate Eastern District trial that ranked as the fourth largest.
- $302.4 million patent infringement verdict for VirnetX against Apple in another Eastern District trial, which ranked as the seventh largest.
- $22.1 million patent infringement verdict for Cellular Communications Equipment LLC against Apple that came in at No. 15 on the list of the largest Texas intellectual property awards.
Caldwell Cassady & Curry represents companies and individuals in high-stakes civil litigation, including patent infringement cases, trade secrets claims, fiduciary duty cases, class actions, and disputes involving company founders. The firm has tried and won some of the nation's top verdicts against the largest companies in the world. Learn more about the firm at www.caldwellcc.com.
For more information, contact Bruce Vincent at 214-763-6226 or [email protected].
SOURCE Caldwell Cassady & Curry