NEW YORK, SINGAPORE and SHANGHAI, Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC) agencies continued their tradition of delivering outstanding creativity and effectiveness for their clients by winning more than 60 awards across disciplines and categories at the 2013 Campaign Asia-Pacific Agency of the Year Awards held in China, Singapore and India.
TBWA and DDB won Creative Agencies of the year in Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, South East Asia, Philippines and Indonesia. PHD was Media Agency of the Year in Greater China, Indonesia and Singapore while Omnicom's Media Group (OMD) won in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong. And Colenso BBDO was named Digital Agency of the Year and DDB won silver in New Zealand. BBDO was also the runner up Network of the Year in the region.
There were many other highlights over the course of the multiple award shows. Here are just a few:
- BBDO China and TBWA\Shanghai won silver and bronze respectively as China Creative Agency of the Year.
- I&S BBDO and BBDO Korea each won two silvers for Creative and Digital Agency of the Year in their respective markets.
- DDB MudraMax India won silver for South Asia Specialist Agency of the Year
- TBWA's Digital Arts Network and Tribal both won a bronze for Singapore's Digital Agency of the Year. Digital Arts Network also won silver as Hong Kong, Macau Digital Agency of the Year.
- Eleven PR won silver for PR Agency of the Year in Australia/New Zealand.
- PHD Taiwan and OMD Taiwan picked up silver and bronze as Taiwan Media Agency of the Year.
- E-Graphics won silver for Southeast Asia Specialist Agency of the Year.
- Accuen China won silver for Greater China Specialist Agency of the Year.
Of course, a key to this success is the quality of talent. And Omnicom agency employees were repeatedly recognized as the best in their field in various countries in categories spanning account service, planning and "young achievers."
The success at the Campaign Asia-Pacific awards continues the winning streak in this region that began earlier in the month when Omnicom agencies dominated the Digital Asia Festival Awards, co-organized by the Lions Festivals, sponsors of Cannes Lions. BBDO and DDB were the first and second most-awarded networks at the festival, further solidifying their position as leaders in the digital space.
"Congratulations to all of our agencies for the record number of awards they received for their client work in the Asia-Pacific region," said John Wren, President and CEO, Omnicom. ""Our success at this year's awards program is a testament to the quality of service our agencies are providing to their clients, as well as the breadth and depth of our talented people across the region who consistently deliver creative excellence."
Campaign Asia-Pacific's Agency of the Year competition is now in its 20th year, and is Asia-Pacific's most prestigious awards, recognizing inspired leadership, management excellence, outstanding business performance and overall achievements in the region's advertising and communications industry.
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
For further information on Omnicom and its brands, please visit www.omnicomgroup.com.
SOURCE Omnicom Group Inc.