SAN FRANCISCO, April 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global disinfection cap market size is expected to reach USD 397.9 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 3.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing prevalence of hospital acquired diseases and rising hospital admissions are the key driving factors for the market. Hospital-acquired Infections (HAIs), also known as nosocomial infections, are primarily found in patients receiving long-term treatment, especially surgical treatment. It can occur in hospitals, surgical centers, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and long-term care facilities such as rehabilitation facilities and nursing homes.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, the non-retail segment held the largest market share in 2019. Hospitals and clinics, generally, have tie-ups with the manufacturers for purchasing the products
- The hospital segment held the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period due to the increasing incidences of hospital acquired infections
- In Asia Pacific, the disinfection cap market is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the rising prevalence of cardiovascular, neurology, and urology disorders
- Prominent key players present in market are BD, 3M, ICU Medical, Merit Medical, and B. Braun Melsungen AG.
Read 120 page research report with ToC on "Disinfection Cap Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Distributors (Retail, Non-retail), By End Use (Hospitals, Clinics), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, Latin America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/disinfection-cap-market
Generally, children, geriatric populations, and patients with low immunity are prone to HAIs. Factors such as use of indwelling catheters, lack of proper hygiene in the healthcare setting, and excessive use of antibiotics can increase the risk of HAIs in patients. Increasing cases of HAIs due to lack of sanitation and precaution is a key factor anticipated to propel the growth of the market for disinfection caps over the forecast period. According to a CDC report in 2018, around 1.7 million cases of HAIs and around 99,000 associated deaths are reported each year in American hospitals.
As per a report published by European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) in 2018, prevalence of HAIs in European countries was around 7.1%. It also reported that around 4,131,000 patients suffer from HAIs in Europe each year. Such cases are expected to increase the demand for disinfection caps. It is used to disinfect IV connectors and eliminate bacteria and other microorganisms. Such solutions are required in hospitals to maintain proper hygiene and sanitation, thereby lowering the risk of HAIs, which is anticipated to propel market growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global disinfection cap market based on distributors, end use, and region:
- Disinfection Caps Distributors Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Disinfection Caps End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Disinfection Caps Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Lung Stent Market – The lung stent market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for MIS (Minimally Invasive Surgeries) for the treatment of chronic conditions.
- Patient Temperature Management Market – The global patient temperature management market size was valued at USD 2.64 billion in 2018 and is expected to witness attractive CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period.
- Medical Device Cleaning Market – The global medical device cleaning market size was valued at USD 9.74 billion in 2017. It is projected to witness a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.