SAN FRANCISCO, April 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global energy storage systems market demand is expected to reach a total capacity of 210,803 MW By 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for efficient and competitive energy resources over the last decade has primarily driven the market. It is estimated to register a CAGR of 2.3% from 2018 to 2026.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Electrochemical storage capacity is projected to be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of 12.6% from 2018 to 2026
- North America is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 4.0% over the forecast period
- Asia Pacific energy storage systems market holds the largest share globally with a cumulative capacity expected to exceed 102 GW by 2026
- Electromechanical storage capacity in Germany was estimated to be 688.2 MW in 2017 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.9% over the forecast period
- Some of the prominent market players include The Furukawa Battery Co.; GE; Electrovaya; Active Power; Fluence; Saft; EnSync; Maxwell Technologies, Inc.; and AltairNano.
Read 80 page research report with TOC on "Energy Storage Systems Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Electrochemical, Electromechanical, Thermal, Pumped Hydro Storage), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/energy-storage-systems-market
Rising consumer awareness regarding efficient energy consumption coupled with demand for smart homes with effective load management is expected to play a major role in the development of energy storage system market. Ascending demand by electric utilities, on account of need for distributed energy integration with the main grid, is likely to fuel the growth over the forecast period.
Hybrid systems including start-stop systems, hybrid vehicles, and e-bikes are expected to present the strongest growth opportunity for lithium-ion battery manufacturers. Companies such as AES, GE Renewable, and Altairnano are investing huge capital in R&D of new technologies within the battery storage segment.
Pumped Hydro Storage (PHS) systems is expected to remain a dominant segment by 2026 due to ongoing investments to enhancing on-grid capacity and upgrading energy infrastructure in North America and Asia Pacific. The segment accounted for over 90% of the global energy storage systems capacity in 2017.
Grand View Research has segmented the global energy storage systems market report on the basis of technology and region:
- Energy Storage Systems Technology Outlook (Capacity, MW, 2014 - 2026)
- Energy Storage Systems Regional Outlook (Capacity, MW, 2014 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Power Generation and Storage Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Wood Gas Generator Market – Global wood gas generator market is expected to grow dramatically over next seven years on account of increasing demand as major fuel in internal combustion (IC) engines.
- Emission Trading Schemes Market – Rising environmental concerns over increasing emission levels is expected to drive the market for emission trading schemes over the forecast period.
- Direct Drive (Gearless) Wind Turbine Market – Increased global energy consumption is expected to drive the global direct drive (gearless) wind turbine market over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.