Epson and Thinxtream Offer Free PrintJinni for Epson Upgrade Delivering Mobile Device Users Enhanced E-Mail Support and Web Page Printing
Free Mobile Printing App Now Offers Yahoo and Windows Live E-mail Users Convenient Document Printing to any Epson Wireless All-in-One
Feb 09, 2011, 03:01 ET
LONG BEACH, Calif., Feb., 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, and Thinxtream™ Technologies today announced a free upgrade to the popular PrintJinni™ for Epson® mobile printing app, delivering mobile device users expanded e-mail support and convenient Web Page printing.
The new upgrade allows PrintJinni for Epson users to print attachments directly from their Apple Mail App and supports Web page printing. This means support for both IMAP and POP3 e-mail accounts and the ability to enter a website address for preview and printing. PrintJinni for Epson allows Apple iPhone®, iPod Touch® and iPad users (iOS 3.x and 4.x) to easily print Microsoft® Office, PDF, and JPEG attachments to any Epson wireless all-in-one, including WorkForce®, Artisan® and Epson Stylus® NX models(1).
"The latest version of PrintJinni for Epson offers mobile device users even more flexibility and added convenience – two important priorities as more and more people rely on mobile printing for work and everyday needs," said Gregg Brunnick, group product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. "These latest enhancements are a direct result of user feedback and underscore Epson's commitment to deliver a better mobile printing experience."
PrintJinni for Epson Features:
- Connects to Epson wireless all-in-ones over a wireless network
- Previews and prints without the need for an intermediate computer, additional software or printer drivers
- Prints PDF, Word®, Excel® and PowerPoint® documents (Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007, Macintosh versions 2004 and 2008), and JPEG e-mail attachments
- NEW - Prints Web pages by Web address (URL)
- NEW - Works directly with Apple's Mail App (POP3 and IMAP accounts) to preview and print e-mail attachments
- Provides built-in attachment support for Apple MobileMe, Gmail, Microsoft Exchange and AOL, and other IMAP e-mail accounts
- Enhanced iPad user experience
- User interface optimized for the iPad's larger screen size and rotation capabilities
- Improved browsing of e-mail attachments and downloaded files
- More robust document search and a simplified printing workflow
- E-mail and print Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents
- Built-in help and tutorials
- Delivers secure encrypted communication for mobile printing
- Supports iPad(2), iPhone 4(3), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch(4)
"The latest upgrade addresses requests from our mobile device users, offering a convenient way for Yahoo and Windows Live POP3 e-mail users to print attachments using the built-in Apple Mail App," said Robert Shibata, director of marketing, Thinxtream Technologies. "We are working closely with Epson on an ongoing basis to ensure we're delivering a mobile printing solution that meets the needs of customers for a range of printing applications."
Pricing and Availability
PrintJinni for Epson is available free in the U.S. and Canada on the Apple App Store, and includes a one-year subscription to PrintJinni Cloud Services. More information about Epson's mobile printing solutions is available on Epson's website.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
About Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd.
Thinxtream Technologies is a global software product company, with innovative products and professional services for media and print applications across a wide range of industries. Based in Singapore, Thinxtream is a subsidiary of Celstream Technologies, an established, global Product Engineering Services company, with a rich heritage in offering complete product life-cycle development services. More information on the company can be found at www.thinxtream.com. For queries, please call +65 65169870 or write to [email protected]
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson is a registered trademark, Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, and Exceed Your Vision is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Thinxtream and PrintJinni are trademarks of Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) Supports the following Epson wirelessly enabled all-in-one printers: Epson Artisan 700, 710, 725, 800, 810, and 835; Epson Stylus NX420, NX510, NX515, and NX625; Epson WorkForce 325, 520, 600, 610, 615, 630, 633, and 635.
(2) Supports Apple iPad running iPhone iOS 3.2.1 and 4.2
(3) Supports iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2.
(4) Supports Apple iPod touch, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS running iPhone OS 3.1.3 through 4.2.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.
Share this article