ANAHEIM, Calif., Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- (EDUCAUSE, Booth 1808) -- Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide(1), today announced the PowerLite Pro G-series installation projectors designed for medium to large meeting spaces in corporations, higher-education, K-12, and houses of worship. The PowerLite Pro G5550NL, G5650WNL and G5950NL are full-featured models for custom installations that include a wide range of "future proofing" technologies and collaboration features.
"Epson remains committed to providing high-end installers and integrators with projectors that deliver the features, flexibility and easy set-up required for seamless integration," said Sean Gunduz, product manager, Projectors, Epson America. "The new PowerLite Pro G-series projectors provide enhanced image quality by incorporating C2Fine® technology previously only found in our high-end Home Cinema and premium large venue installation projectors. Plus, through networking advancements, they bring new presentation and collaboration tools like Multi-PC Projection to end-users, while still delivering the low total cost of ownership that customers expect from Epson."
The new PowerLite Pro G models offer lumen and resolution combinations to meet any installation need. The PowerLite Pro G5550NL and G5650WNL offer 4,500 lumens of color and white light output(2) and the PowerLite Pro G5950NL offers 5,200 lumens of color and white light output. The PowerLite Pro G5550NL and G5950NL feature XGA resolution, while the PowerLite Pro G5650WNL features WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution to accommodate widescreen content.
Improved Image Quality Features
The PowerLite Pro G-series offer several new features to meet the needs of today's installers, including high reliability, durability and color performance. Additional benefits include:
- C2Fine Technology: Along with advanced vertical alignment technology, provides high contrast for deeper blacks and vivid images
- DICOM Simulation Mode: Specialized imaging uses standardized grayscale to reproduce medical images, such as x-rays, for medical training and education
- Six-Axis Color Adjustment: Allows users to customize colors by adjusting the hue, saturation, and brightness of RGBCMY (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow) for special projection materials such as high-quality photographs or artwork
- Advanced Sharpness: Allows users to adjust sharpness more precisely for thin, thick, vertical, and horizontal line enhancements
- Test Patterns: Four new test patterns are included for different applications to make setup and image customization easy
Other Advanced Features on the PowerLite Pro G Series:
The PowerLite Pro G-series also offers advanced features and functionality for high-end custom installation scenarios, including:
- Split Screen: Gives presentation flexibility with two side-by-side windows and three layout options; video and presentation materials run simultaneously for added convenience
- Multi-PC Projection: Allows up to four computers to simultaneously project via the network with a four-way split-screen; another 12 computers can be in stand-by for amazing collaboration flexibility
- Monitor and Control: Epson Easy Management® allows for network monitoring, maintenance scheduling, and email alerts to be sent via LAN
- Crestron RoomView Compatibility: Extends ROI for users who have already invested in Crestron RoomView to control and manage Epson projectors over a network, as well as other compatible projectors
- Network Content Distribution: Epson EasyMP® allows content to be sent over IP remotely, either wired or wirelessly with optional wireless module, including broadcast messages and presentations with both video and audio
- Advanced Connectivity: Includes HDMI, two computer VGA ports, two audio-in, USB, Hardwire remote, five BNC, Monitor Out, RS-232, and optional Quick-Connect Wireless
- Web Remote Control: Allows basic projector functions to be controlled via a computer on the LAN instead of, or in addition to, using the projector remote control
These three new projector models replace the current PowerLite Pro G5150NL, Pro G5200WNL and Pro G5350NL. The PowerLite Pro G-series projectors offer the same advanced features as their predecessors, including 3LCD, 3-chip technology, closed captioning, functional design elements including simple lamp and air filter replacement, optional wireless, digital connectivity with HDMI, centered lens design, an impressive range of horizontal and vertical lens shift, Quick Corner® for easy image positioning, off-axis tilt function for installation flexibility, and five optional lenses including a rear-projection lens.
Availability and Support
The PowerLite Pro G5650WNL ($3599*) and Pro G5950NL ($3599*) will be available in November 2010, and the PowerLite Pro G5550NL ($3149*) will be available in January 2011 through pro audio/visual dealers. Epson's PowerLite Pro projectors come with a three-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite Pro projectors, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
About Epson America
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. To learn more about Epson America, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* Estimated street price
(1) Based upon Q2 2010 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
(2) Light output varies depending upon modes (color and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard
Note: Epson, EasyMP, C2Fine, Easy Management, and Quick Corner are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite and PrivateLine are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.