LONG BEACH, Calif., July 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, today announced it is now shipping its new LightScene™ – a new category of accent lighting laser projectors for digital art and signage. From practical applications such as basic signage, wayfinding, branding and promotional messaging to spatial design and creation of immersive and engaging experiences, Lightscene delivers dynamic content for digital art, commercial signage and décor applications.
"When creating compelling visual displays and projection mapping designs, we rely heavily on the quality of the projection technology delivering the content," said Danny Firpo, managing partner, All of it Now. "Epson always delivers a beautiful projection, and its new LightScene projector is nothing short of this. With a discreet design and top-notch features delivering excellent detail and vibrant image quality, it provides great flexibility to experiment and expand our creativity through spatial design."
Two models are now available in a sleek, spotlight design – LightScene EV-100 in white and LightScene EV-105 in black. The laser projectors enable businesses with creative freedom and flexibility to portray beautiful displays such as a swimsuit on a mannequin engulfed under the sea to an interactive bar top or immersive running experience on a treadmill, while blending in discreetly with any environment. With a variety of mounting and connectivity options, as well as a direct playback functionality of the software, the technology easily transforms virtually any space in markets such as retail, hospitality, showrooms and museums, into a vivid experience.
"As an industry-leader in projectors, Epson is pleased to offer a new category of digital art and signage projectors that enable business owners to create experiential and engaging content that captivates their audiences," said Remi Del Mar, senior product manager, Epson America, Inc. "Offering limitless creativity in an unobtrusive design, the new LightScene models seamlessly integrate into existing infrastructures and allow consumers to experience brands and products in an immersive and visually stunning way."
Additional LightScene features include:
- 3LCD laser technology – Epson laser technology provides up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free operation1, plus a sealed optical engine for amazing image quality and outstanding performance
- Robust content management – Includes templates, effects, color filters, and customizable options; users can create playlists, control the projector and schedule functions remotely with Epson's web-based application or over the network with Crestron®, Art-Net and more
- Scalable for an array of applications – Install multiple LightScene projectors and utilize Edge Blending technology for versatile, impactful displays
- Easily programmable – Playlist and playback functions allow for seamless content management for single or multiple LightScene projectors
- Flexible positioning – Includes vertical and horizontal rotation with 360-degree mounting on tracks, floors, walls, or ceilings; 1.58x powered optical zoom and powered focus allows for installation in both large and small spaces
- Expansive connectivity – HDMI®, RJ-45, wired and wireless LAN, and SD card slot2 for direct content storage when needed
- Bright visual display system – Offers up to 2,000 lumens of color brightness and 2,000 lumens of white brightness for vibrant, rich colors3
Availability, Pricing and Support
The Epson LightScene projectors are available now for $2,499 (MSRP) through Epson and authorized resellers. The laser projectors come with a limited warranty of three years or 20,000 hours, whichever comes first, and next business day replacement, including free shipping both ways4. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/lightscene.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, watches and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 76,000 employees in 87 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
1 20,000 hours is the estimated projector life when used in Normal Mode. Actual hours may vary depending on mode and usage environment. The projector comes with a 3-year limited warranty or 20,000 hours, whichever comes first.
2 Memory card not included.
3 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
4 Expedited shipping not available in all areas. Road Service orders must be in by 3 p.m. Eastern Time for Next-Business-Day delivery.
EPSON is a registered trademark, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Better Products for a Better Future and LightScene are trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2018 Epson America, Inc.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.