LAS VEGAS, June 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- (InfoComm Booth C5458) -- Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide(1), today introduced four new ultra-light and ultra-bright projectors – the PowerLite® 1750, 1760W, 1770W, and 1775W. Starting at under $1,000*, these sleek new models weigh less than four pounds and at 1.7-inches tall, are as thin as a laptop. Designed for road warriors and corporations, these projectors offer reliable 3LCD image quality, high brightness and easy-to-use, hassle-free features.
Building on the success of the existing PowerLite 1700 series projectors, both the PowerLite 1750 and 1760W offer 2600 lumens of color and white light output(2), and both the PowerLite 1770W and 1775W offer 3000 lumens of color and white light output. The PowerLite 1750 features XGA resolution, while the PowerLite 1760W, 1770W and 1775W all feature WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) for use with widescreen laptops and DVD content.
"Standing at only 1.7-inches tall and under four pounds, these new models are designed to help road warriors who need a compact projector that's easy to use and can deliver crisp, vibrant images," said Heather Gareis, senior product manager, Epson America. "Whether they're being used on the road or down the hall, each projector offers quick setup and connection options to meet the needs of today's busy professionals, while also being cost-effective for the bottom line."
Hassle-Free Connectivity and Setup
These new projectors offer a variety of connectivity and setup features engineered for use in a wide range of meeting spaces, including:
- USB Plug 'n Play: Instantly projects images from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- PC-Free Presentations: Offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices such as a thumb drive for easily viewing and sharing pictures without a computer
- Quick-Connect Wireless USB key: Included with the PowerLite 1775W and optional with the PowerLite 1770W and 1760W, easy plug and play wireless presentations are possible by simply inserting the wireless USB Key into the projector (first time setup only) and then into the PC; the USB Key automatically creates an ad-hoc wireless connection to the projector for instantaneous use and can be shared between computers for multiple presenters
- Wireless Networking: Included on the PowerLite 1775W and optional on the PowerLite1760W and 1770W, allows for wireless presentations with audio using the 802.11 b/g/n module via a PC or Mac
- HDMI Connectivity: The PowerLite 1760W, 1770W and 1775W includes an all-digital HDMI connection for high quality video and digital audio
- Horizontal Keystone Correction: Squares the image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen – all four models feature automatic vertical keystone correction, the PowerLite 1750, 1760W and 1770W have manual horizontal keystone correction, and the PowerLite 1775W adds automatic horizontal keystone correction
- Screen Fit: The PowerLite 1775W automatically adjusts keystone and focus to fill the screen size that is being used
- Positioning Flexibility: 1.2x zoom requires a shorter throw distance, allowing for the projection of large images in smaller rooms; a 60-inch image can be projected from a distance of approximately four feet away
This new ultra-portable series from Epson also includes several features and controls to ensure that professionals can deliver presentations worry-free:
- Sleek, Lightweight and Travel Friendly: With a state-of-the-art design these new projectors offer a sleek look and lightweight design in both black and white options and includes a soft carrying case and remote control
- Instant On/Off®: Enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and allows them to be up and running in only five seconds between pressing the "Power" button and the appearance of the start-up screen
- EasyMP® Monitor and Control: When connected to a network the PowerLite 1760W, 1770W and 1775W offer monitoring and control, virtual remote control, and presentation via IP network capabilities for a variety of presentation and audience needs
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson's exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours(3) in economy mode helping to maximize presentation time
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness(4)
Availability and Support
These new models will be available in October 2010 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson's PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epson.com.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria. To learn more about Epson America, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* Estimated street price
(1) Based upon Q1 2010 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
(2) Light output varies depending upon modes (color and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard
(3) Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
(4) Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2010. Average of 910 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: Epson, E-TORL, EasyMP, and Instant Off are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite and PrivateLine are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.