LONG BEACH, Calif., Dec. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, announced that the Epson WorkForce® 635 all-in-one was featured today in a segment about gifting for family members who work from home on CBS' daytime show, "The Talk." Whether mom or dad is a realtor, runs a revenue-generating business from home, or brings work home on a regular basis, the WorkForce 635 is the perfect choice for those running a small business.
"Epson's WorkForce 635 prints, scans, copies and faxes, and seems to do it all faster and better than the competition," said Dr. Gadget®, consumer technology television and radio personality. "With so many entrepreneur moms and dads running a business or consulting from home in this economy, it's a practical addition to 'The Talk' segment about choosing the right gifts for busy families."
The Epson WorkForce 635 delivers the world's fastest print speeds(1) and professional print quality. It also features built-in Wi-Fi® n(2), automatic two-sided printing, and a 250-sheet paper tray. The WorkForce 635 includes Extra-High capacity black and color cartridges with Epson's exclusive fade(3), smudge- and water(4)-resistant DURABrite® Ultra inks. The WorkForce line of business printers is designed to satisfy the unique needs of small business owners, such as real estate agents, architects, engineers, and business consultants.
"At Epson, we understand that people who run a business from home need to quickly and affordably print presentations, reports and other marketing materials in color without having to rely on outside printers," said Rodrigo Catalan, product manager, Business Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. "With the WorkForce 635 all-in-one, Epson provides the best and most affordable option to obtain the world's fastest print speeds and exceptional black text with superb color graphics."
The WorkForce 635 ($229.99)* is currently available through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide and Epson's retail site, www.epsonstore.com. The WorkForce 635 comes with a one-year limited warranty and free lifetime phone support(5) with quick and convenient product exchange. For more information, please see visit www.Epson.com.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson and MicroPiezo are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. WorkForce and DURABrite are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) Fastest in its class; printing black text in default, single-side mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Compared to ink jet all-in-ones priced $199.99 or as of August 2010 based on manufacturers rated ISO speeds or independent testing.
(2) Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit http://www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
(3) Display permanence based on accelerated testing of prints displayed under glass in indoor display conditions; album permanence based on accelerated testing of prints in dark storage conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, temperature, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or UV filter or properly store them.
(4) Water resistance on Epson Glossy Papers, Epson Matte Papers and plain papers, when using genuine Epson inks.
(5) Epson provides phone support, without charge, for the life of the product. Telephone toll charges may apply.
*Estimated street price
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.