SAN FRANCISCO, April 20, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global healthcare personal protective equipment market size is expected to reach USD 8.9 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for hand protection, respiratory protection, and protective clothing in the healthcare industry to ensure the employees' safety during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is expected to boost the demand for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rising awareness regarding advantages of hand hygiene for avoiding contamination with fluids and transmission of pathogens in the healthcare facilities is anticipated to drive the demand for hand protection equipment. Furthermore, increasing adoption of gloves to limit the spread of COVID-19 infection through surface contact is expected to drive the demand.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The demand for disposable gloves in North America is estimated to witness a growth of 8.6% in terms of revenue, from 2020 to 2027 on account of the presence of stringent regulations regarding health and safety of the health workers
- Respiratory protective equipment accounted for over 10.8% of the global revenue in 2019 owing to the increased demand for surgical masks and respirators for providing protection to the hospital staff against contaminants and pathogens
- Hospitals accounted for 55.7% of the healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) industry in 2019, on account of rising number of people opting for medical services for treatment coupled with increasing number of physicians in the emerging economies
- Europe is estimated to witness a CAGR of 7.4% in terms of revenue from 2020 to 2027, owing the growing healthcare industry coupled with the rapid spread of COVID-19 pandemic in Italy, France, Spain, U.K., Germany, and other countries
- The major players in the healthcare personal protective equipment market including 3M, DuPont, Ansell, and Honeywell are engaged in providing an uninterrupted supply of personal protective equipment, during the COVID-19 pandemic to the highly affected economies.
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Respiratory Protection, Hand Protection), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/healthcare-personal-protective-equipment-ppe-market
Personal protective equipment for healthcare workers is crucial to fight against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, the World Health Organization (WHO) has urged governments and businesses to boost the production of masks, respirators, and gloves, which are crucial for healthcare professionals to fight against COVID-19.
The adoption of new practices and the development of advanced products are expected to have a positive impact on the use of medical services across the globe. In addition, increasing disposable income is expected to aid developing economies in availing advanced healthcare services, thereby driving the expenditure in the industry.
Grand View Research has segmented the global healthcare personal protective equipment market on the basis of product, end use, and region:
- Healthcare PPE Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Protective clothing
- Respiratory Protection
- Surgical Masks
- Respirator Masks
- Face Protection
- Eye Protection
- Hand protection
- Disposable Gloves
- Durable Gloves
- Healthcare PPE End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Home Healthcare
- Outpatient/Primary Care Facilities
- Healthcare PPE Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Smart Textiles Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Personal Protective Equipment Market – Increasing need for respiratory equipment in mining, emergency response, military and law enforcement, healthcare, and fire services, coupled with rising instances of hand injuries at the workplace, is anticipated to propel market growth over the coming years.
- Nonwoven Disposable Gloves Market – Rising demand for nonwoven disposable gloves in healthcare industry is anticipated to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
- Medical Textiles Market – Rising awareness regarding new technologies for wound care, growing diabetic and aging population and support from government in the form of funding non-implantable goods are widely being used worldwide, which is anticipated to propel the growth of the global market of medical textiles.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-951
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.