SAN FRANCISCO, September 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global hyperlipidemia drugs market size is expected reach USD 22.6 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 2.3% during the forecast period. Several factors, such as increase in target population and growth in awareness about risk of cardiovascular diseases (CVD) due to persistent hypercholesterolemia, are stoking the growth of the market.
Hyperlipidemia is the most common type of dyslipidemia and is generally caused by abnormally high lipid levels in the blood. This condition can occur due to genetic factors (primary hyperlipidemia) as well as other factors such as poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle (secondary hyperlipidemia). Statins are the first line of treatment for secondary hyperlipidemia.
Target population of antihyperlipidemic drugs is broadly divided into statin users and nonstatin users. The revenue share of statin users has been declining. The nonstatin users segment consists of statin intolerant and nonresponsive population as well as familial hyperlipidemia (FH) population. Nonstatin users are seeking high-efficacy alternatives and this is anticipated to boost the revenue of this segment.
Upcoming patent expirations are expected to lead to greater genericization in the market, mostly among statins, cholesterol absorption inhibitors, and combination drugs. However, new product launches are anticipated to continue to drive the market. Several novel mechanisms of action such as ACL inhibition, DGAT2 inhibition, and anti-ANGPTL-3 are being investigated for their potential for treatment of hyperlipidemia as well as for reducing the risk of CVD.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Hyperlipidemia Drugs Market Analysis Report by Drug Class (Statins, PCSK9 Inhibitors, Bile Acid Sequestrants, Cholesterol Absorption Inhibitors, Fibric Acid Derivatives, Combination), and Segment Forecasts, 2016 - 2022" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hyperlipidemia-drugs-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Statins dominated the drug classes in 2016 owing to their high usage as the first line of therapy
- Recent launch of PCSK9 inhibitors, such as Repatha and Praluent, is likely to change the current therapeutic scenario due to their improved efficacy and safety profile
- PCSK9 inhibitors are expected to displace existing expensive therapies, lomitapide, and mipomersen for the treatment of homozygous FH patients
- Europe was the leading regional market in 2016. It is estimated to maintain its dominance till 2022 owing to high prevalence of hypercholesterolemia
- There are fewer growth opportunities in Japan due to unavailability of key pipeline drugs such as bempedoic acid
- AstraZeneca; Merck & Co., Inc.; Pfizer, Inc.; DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED; Amgen, Inc.; and Sanofi are some of the key players operating in this market
- Amgen, Inc.; Sanofi; and Esperion are expected to have the highest shares in this market by 2022
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Multiple Sclerosis Therapeutics Market - The global multiple sclerosis therapeutics market size was valued at USD 20.01 billion in 2015.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market - The global hormone replacement therapy market size was valued at USD 15.1 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.2% over the next seven years.
- Alopecia Market - The global alopecia market was valued at over USD 7.3 billion in 2015.
- Geriatric Medicine Market - The global geriatric medicine market was valued at nearly USD 540 billion in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the global hyperlipidemia drugs market based on drug class and region:
- Hyperlipidemia Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
- Bile Acid Sequestrants
- Cholesterol Absorption Inhibitors
- Fibric Acid Derivatives
- PCSK9 Inhibitors
- Hyperlipidemia Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.