NEW YORK, June 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Investopedia released its second annual ranking of the most influential financial advisors in the United States, called the Investopedia 100.
As the premier online source of trusted financial content, Investopedia's goal is to help its users make smarter financial decisions. The advisors that comprise the Investopedia 100 were selected from hundreds of applicants and stand out for their contributions to conversations about financial literacy, investing strategies, life-stage planning and wealth management.
Financial advisors are a crucial part of Investopedia's community: since 2016, Investopedia's Advisor Insights has enabled them to share their expertise with the site's 30 million monthly users and contribute thought leadership on the most important issues facing investors of all ages and incomes. The Investopedia 100 celebrates the enormous value that advisors contribute to that conversation through their blogs, social media channels, as well as TV and radio appearances.
The top advisors were selected by Investopedia's data science and editorial teams, who sought to measure advisors' influence with three key metrics:
- Social Media Influence: The team measured the total number of followers that advisors had across LinkedIn and Twitter.
- The "Matrix of Influence": In addition to social media followers, Investopedia's data science team created a proprietary algorithm that gauged each advisor's influence by tracking his or her web of connections within the financial advisor community on Twitter.
- Online Presence: Investopedia also measured each applicant's personal website's domain authority as well as the influence of sites to which he/she has contributed in the past, including Investopedia.com and other financial publications.
"While many publishers rank advisors based on their client base or assets under management, we wanted to celebrate advisors who have dedicated their time to educating investors," said Investopedia CEO David Siegel. "This is about more than followers: we set out to identify the advisors who are influential leaders and are passionate about financial education, like we are."
The top ten financial advisors are:
- Joshua Brown, CEO, Ritholtz Wealth Management
- Michael Kitces, Partner, Director of Wealth Management for Pinnacle Advisory Group, Co-Founder, XY Planning Network, Publisher, Kitces Report and Nerd's Eye View
- Winnie Sun, Founder, Sun Group Wealth Partners
- Ron Carson, Founder & CEO, Carson Group
- Sophia Bera, Founder, Gen Y Planning
- Michael Kay, President, Financial Life Focus
- Jeff Rose, CEO & Founder, Alliance Wealth Management
- Ted Jenkin, Co-CEO & Founder, oXYGen Financial
- George Papadopoulos, Owner, Eponymous Firm
- Douglas Boneparth, President & Founder, Bona Fide Wealth, LLC
The full list can be found on https://www.investopedia.com/top-100-financial-advisors-2018/.
This year's list is sponsored by Franklin Templeton Investments.
Investopedia is the go-to destination investors use to make smarter financial decisions. Powered by a team of data scientists and financial experts Investopedia offers timely, trusted and actionable financial information for its over 30 million monthly visitors, from early investors to financial advisors to high net worth individuals. Investopedia is wholly owned by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) and operated by IAC Publishing, a collection of some of the web's largest and most trusted digital media brands. For the latest in financial news and insights, visit http://www.investopedia.com
About Franklin Templeton Investments
Franklin Resources, Inc. is a global investment management organization operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. Franklin Templeton Investments provides global and domestic investment management to retail, institutional and sovereign wealth clients in over 170 countries. Through specialized teams, the company has expertise across all asset classes—including equity, fixed income, alternative and custom solutions. The company's more than 650 investment professionals are supported by its integrated, worldwide team of risk management professionals and global trading desk network. With offices in over 30 countries, the California–based company has 70 years of investment experience and over $732 billion in assets under management as of April 30, 2018. For more information, please visit franklintempleton.com.