PARSIPPANY, N.J., Jan. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The start of the 2010 tax season also kicks off a brand new way for taxpayers to prepare and file their annual individual income tax returns through Jackson Hewitt Tax Service®. Today, the company launched Jackson Hewitt Online, a new, easy-to-use Online tax preparation product that provides multiple options to help online tax filers address the tax-related circumstances associated with their unique life and job-related situations. The new Online tax preparation product is accessible at www.jacksonhewittonline.com, as well as through a link from the Company's Web site at www.jacksonhewitt.com.
"We know there are some taxpayers who feel comfortable tackling tax preparation themselves, so we've developed a simple, step-by-step online solution that's designed to address a person's individual situation - whether it's a life change or circumstances related to a job," said Debra Dowd, Vice President, Marketing, Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. "Jackson Hewitt Online was designed with the tax filer in mind - helping where tax filers often have questions and providing important information they may not know about. Our new Online product includes tools that help navigate the many key tax-related categories and life events that can have a major tax impact on tax filers, such as a marriage, divorce, adoption, job loss, occupational expenses and more."
Jackson Hewitt Online builds on the Company's national presence across the country of over 6,000 locations, where through storefronts and retail locations, taxpayers can receive a highly personalized, face-to-face tax preparation experience. "Our Online option clearly extends our presence by serving a new tax filing customer segment for Jackson Hewitt," explained Dowd. "This is consistent with our growing commitment to provide a broad service offering to a wide range of tax filers, making tax preparation as personalized, easy, and convenient as possible."
Jackson Hewitt Online users will find an easy-to-follow, step-by-step process that helps them select options related to their occupations or life events, leading them to credits and deductions they may be entitled to receive, including many often overlooked ones, such as credits for energy-efficient home purchases and deductions for unreimbursed job-related expenses.
To guide tax filers through the process, Jackson Hewitt Online also provides support tools - including a detailed 'Frequently Asked Questions' section that gathers and organizes useful answers to dozens of common tax questions. Depending on the level of package selected, clients can receive further help by phone, email and through a "Live Chat" option that connects tax filers directly to a Jackson Hewitt Online Client Care Associate.
Pricing for Jackson Hewitt Online is based on the complexity of an individual's return and the level of customer support provided. All packages include free electronic filing and the preparation and filing of a Federal tax return. Three options are available:
- Free of charge
- For tax filers with relatively simple tax returns or who file 1040EZ forms, such as those with no deductions or credits to be claimed and no dependents
- Includes unlimited email support for general inquiries
- Priced at $28.95
- For tax filers with more detailed returns, such as those who itemize deductions and credits (including those for mortgage interest, property taxes, child and dependent care expenses, retirement account income, stock and bond sale gains and losses, investment or property inheritance, non-cash charitable contributions and more)
- Includes unlimited live online chat support and unlimited email access for general inquiries
- Priced at $46.95
- For tax filers who are claiming dependents and whose filing status requires or qualifies as a small business owner, sole proprietor or single-member LLC, freelancers, self-employed, 1099 contractors, partnerships or multi-member LLCs, or S or C corporation
- Also beneficial for those claiming expenses for business use of the home, profit or loss from business, sale of business property or housing credits, including first-time homebuyers
- Includes Audit Assistance from an Enrolled Agent (in the event of an audit)
- Includes unlimited email and live online chat support and unlimited phone support from a Jackson Hewitt client care associate
- All packages include:
- Life Events and Job Specific wizards to help customers identify deductions and credits that are specific to them
- An audit support site that provides helpful information in the event you are audited
- An audit risk meter to help assess your audit risk
- Error checks
- Free efile
- Additional cost to prepare and file a state tax return using Jackson Hewitt Online is $28.95, regardless of which Federal tax return package is selected.
About Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. (NYSE: JTX), with more than 6,000 franchised and company-owned offices throughout the United States, is an industry leader providing full service individual federal and state income tax return preparation. Most offices are independently owned and operated. Jackson Hewitt is based in Parsippany, New Jersey. More information may be obtained at www.jacksonhewitt.com. To locate the Jackson Hewitt Tax Service® office nearest to you, call 1-800-234-1040.
Contact: Melissa Connerton Stephanie King CooperKatz & Company CooperKatz & Company 917-595-3039 917-595-3055 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.