ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Jan. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to skin care routines, underarms rarely get the attention they deserve. However, leading experts agree it's an area of the body that should not be ignored because it is prone to a range of irritating skin conditions. To help educate women on the importance of underarm care and to provide solutions for maintaining their naturally beautiful skin, Dove is announcing a new partnership with board-certified dermatologist Dr. Alicia Barba.
"Odor and wetness protection is often the beginning and end of how women care for their underarms, but moisturizing is also key for this sensitive skin area to avoid conditions such as red and dark marks, irritation and dryness," says Dr. Barba. "Dove Dry Spray infuses moisturizers into its formula to help prevent dryness and maintain the skin's balance."
As the most-awarded antiperspirant/deodorant*, Dove Dry Spray goes on instantly dry while going beyond 48-hour odor and wetness protection to provide ¼ moisturizers for softer, smoother underarms. Since its 2015 introduction to the U.S., Dove Dry Spray has taken the beauty world by storm as a trending product that has made its way into more than 3 million households to date with momentum accelerating into 2016.
The product is available in eight signature Dove scents, including NEW Original Clean and Soothing Chamomile, which offer clean and elegant fragrance notes for protection that delivers a fresh and confident feel. The full range of variants includes:
- NEW Original Clean – A light, clean, classic fragrance.
- NEW Soothing Chamomile – An elegant floral scent with notes of orange blossom, chamomile and delicate lily of the valley.
- Nourished Beauty – A bright and fizzy fragrance, opening with fruity apple notes and fresh white flowers on top of a creamy, comfortable background.
- Cool Essentials – Cooling and watery notes of freshly cut cucumber, green tea and melon are combined with fresh floral notes to give a vibrant and refreshing scent.
- Beauty Finish – Delicate and soft, this fragrance combines bright fruity notes of pineapple and pear with an elegant floral bouquet of freesia, jasmine and water lily, finishing with caring and creamy back notes.
- Revive – A renewing fragrance with notes that are fruity, citrus and floral. It's juicy, fresh, vibrant, vivacious, cheerful and spirited
- Sensitive – Unscented, hypo-allergenic formula (May contain masking fragrance)
- Clear Tone Skin Renew – Elegant and feminine, this fragrance opens with notes of lush apple and rich ylang, blended with rose and complemented by hints of juicy peach.
The full line of products can be purchased at mass, food and drug retailers nationwide for SRP $5.49 (3.8 oz.). Visit Dove.com for more information and connect with @Dove on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #TryDry.
*Across national consumer publication beauty awards in 2015
Dove®, manufactured by Unilever, is the #1 recommended skin care brand by dermatologists. One in every three households uses a Dove® product, which includes beauty bars, body washes, face care, anti-perspirant/deodorants, body mists, hair care and styling aids. Dove® Men+Care™ launched in 2010 with products developed specially for men. Dove® is available nationwide in food, drug and mass outlet stores.
About Unilever United States, Inc.
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of Food, Refreshments, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. In the United States, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry's, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann's, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond's, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemme and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Unilever employs approximately 8,000 people in the United States – generating approximately $8.5 billion in sales in 2014.
The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) aims to double the size of Unilever's business, while reducing its overall environmental footprint and increasing positive social impact. The USLP is a strategic response to the challenges businesses face operating in an uncertain and volatile world. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/.
Unilever ranked number one in its sector on the 2015 Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
The entire Unilever global factory network, as well as its U.S. non-manufacturing facilities, have achieved zero non-hazardous waste to landfill status.
For more information on Unilever U.S. and its brands visit: www.unileverusa.com
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Facebook visit: www.facebook.com/unileverusa
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Twitter follow: @unileverusa