SEATTLE, Nov. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The holidays are a time to give thanks to the people who matter most, and for Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE: JWN) – that's customers. For the second year in a row, the company is celebrating customers' stories through a holiday campaign called 'Love, Nordstrom.' Shot by film director and fashion photographer Danielle Levitt, this national campaign highlights the special relationship customers share with the company and with each other, depicting their stories through a larger-than-life holiday card which comes to life in video. The campaign debuts today in the U.S. and Canada.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8053052-nordstrom-2017-holiday-campaign-family/
FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS: LOVE, NORDSTROM
Following last year's successful 'Love, Nordstrom' holiday campaign, which put the spotlight on customers, the 2017 campaign extends to friends and family and the special ties customers have with Nordstrom and with each other. Nordstrom asked customers to share their family stories which quickly confirmed that families are defined in many different ways, including lifelong friends, girl squads and loving tribes who come together to celebrate the holidays.
The campaign was shot by award-winning film director and fashion photographer Danielle Levitt, whose work focuses on celebrating diversity and inspiring others to feel comfortable with who they are. Levitt has produced original content for a wide range of brands and her dynamic campaigns have been recognized for their ability to capture the untold stories of her subjects and their communities.
"The holidays are about celebrating the relationships and people that are meaningful in our lives," said Nordstrom Chief Marketing Officer Scott Meden. "For Nordstrom, that special relationship is with our customers. With this campaign, we want to celebrate our customers because they make us who we are – and we're grateful to be able to share their family stories."
Featured Families Include:
- FDNY firefighter Sky Shepard has been shopping at Nordstrom Downtown Seattle since he was a kid, and continues to shop at Nordstrom Rack in Union Square now that he lives in New York City. Nordstrom is honored to serve Sky and his buddies, fellow shoppers and firefighters Edward and Chris who are eagerly awaiting the opening of the Nordstrom Men's store at 57th and Broadway in NYC in Spring 2018.
- Customer Collene Lynch started shopping with Nordstrom 50 years ago. Her circle of friends (now her sewing circle) includes Lynn, Connie, Eileen and Cleo, who bonded as young mothers when they would shop together for their children's shoes. Collene is also a retired Nordstrom employee.
- Customer Roynerah Clewis has been shopping with Nordstrom since she was a little girl, starting with special outfits for her Santa photos. Today, she shops at Nordstrom to stay stylish throughout the year, especially when she goes out with her girlfriends Phina, Brianna, Shavail and Aiesha.
- Photographer Danielle Levitt also makes an organic appearance, speaking to the campaign shoot and what she loves about people coming together to share their joy and appreciation for one another. Danielle is pictured with her loving crew, including fiancée Harry and producer Stephanie.
The integrated campaign components include digital, print, out of home, in-store window displays, social media, shopping bags and coffee sleeves. There is also a 'Love, Nordstrom' navigation tab on Nordstrom.com to take customers to the full campaign experience. The campaign also includes a series of charming videos where the ad campaign comes to life set to the melody of Ray Charles' song "Ain't That Love." The videos are posted on Nordstrom.com and on the retailer's social and digital platforms.
GIFT GIVING. WE GOT YOU.
This holiday season, Nordstrom hopes to be a gift-giving destination that inspires customers at all price points from Nike to Valentino. Highlights include:
- Gift Guides for everyone on your list including Her, Him, Home, Kids, Under $100, Under $50, Stocking Stuffers and more!
- Easy-to-navigate categories that make it easy to find gifts like Gifts That Give Back, Luxury, Tech, Host & Hostess, the Toy Shop, Beauty, Wit & Wonder (a one-stop shop for gifts with personality), and more!
For more inspirational product and download-ready images, please click here for the full Nordstrom Holiday Gift Guide.
GIVING BACK. WE GOT YOU WITH GIFTS THAT DO GOOD.
Throughout the year, Nordstrom is focused on giving back to our communities and taking care of the environment. This holiday season, we're encouraging our customers to join us by giving gifts that do good:
- We're continuing one of our favorite holiday traditions – teaming up with our customers to give new shoes to children in need. Through our partnership with New Balance and Shoes That Fit, we're planning to give 25,000 pairs this year. Customers can help by purchasing a $10 giving card at any of our U.S. Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack stores. It's the perfect addition to any stocking, or a thoughtful thank you for your favorite teacher.
- For a gift that looks great and gives back, check out the latest from Treasure & Bond. From festive sweaters to cozy scarves, this Nordstrom-exclusive brand has something for the whole family. And as an added bonus, Nordstrom always donates 2.5% of net sales to nonprofits that empower youth. Through January 2018, we're supporting YWCA.
- Customers can spread maximum cheer with gifts from "do-good brands." We've pulled together just a few of our favorite products HERE that are environmentally friendly and give back.
- The possibilities are endless when you give the card that gives! Nordstrom donates 1% of all Gift Card sales to charity. Send an eGift Card for instant indulgence, or choose from one of our festive holiday designs. Gift Cards can be found at any Nordstrom store or online at Nordstrom.com/GiftCard.
MAKING IT EASY? YES.
Nordstrom aims to offer convenient services that make holiday shopping easy, stress-free and fun in a digitally-connected world, including:
- Nordstrom Style Experts – Complimentary Personal Stylists can take care of everything on your list from finding the perfect gifts to decking you out for party season, and they'll even ship your packages.
- eGifting – Now you can buy a gift and send it instantly to a friend by email. It's as fast and easy as sending a Gift Card, but more personal because your friend will know you picked out something special. If it's not quite their style, don't worry: they can choose to get a Gift Card for the full amount instead. Not available in Canada.
- Style Boards – A new salesperson tool that allows salespeople and Personal Stylists to create digital boards filled with personalized fashion or gift recommendations which customers can view on their phone and purchase directly through Nordstrom.com. In addition to recommendations, customers can get the expert advice of a salesperson or Personal Stylist by having a conversation with them through the app. Not available in Canada.
- Buy Online & Pick-Up In-Store and Curbside Pickup: In a hurry to meet Santa? Buy Online & Pick-Up In-Store offers convenient service and order pickup areas that make it easy to shop online and pick up your order within an hour. With Curbside Pickup, just give us a call and we'll bring your packages out to the car for you. Not available in Canada.
- Don't have time to wrap? Gift boxes are always complimentary. Or let Nordstrom wrap it for you at Box It Up wrapping stations in select stores.
Nordstrom, Inc. is a leading fashion retailer based in the U.S. Founded in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle, today Nordstrom operates 357 stores in 40 states, including 122 full-line stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico; 224 Nordstrom Rack stores; two Jeffrey boutiques; and two clearance stores. Additionally, customers are served online through Nordstrom.com, Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook. The company also owns Trunk Club, a personalized clothing service serving customers online at TrunkClub.com and its seven clubhouses. Nordstrom, Inc.'s common
Nordstrom Corporate Affairs
SOURCE Nordstrom, Inc.