WARWICK, R.I., Oct. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2010 winter travel season is rapidly approaching and consumers everywhere are getting travel-ready by protecting their trips with travel insurance. But just as no two snowflakes are alike, travel protection plans differ too so if choosing the right travel insurance coverage is as overwhelming to you as shopping for the perfect holiday gift, check out these stress-reducing tips from InsureMyTrip.com the original online travel insurance comparison site:
1. Do a Needs Analysis: If you are going on a trip but don't really know if travel insurance is necessary, you can make an informed decision simply by conducting a quick needs analysis. Ask yourself: 1) What is the cost of your trip? 2) How long are you going for? 3) Where are you going? 4) What elements of your trip would you like insurance to cover? 5) What time of year will you be traveling? The answers to these questions will help pave the way for establishing not only if insurance is a prudent option, but more specifically, what type of travel insurance you should consider.
2. Compare, Compare, Compare: To get the best plan for your needs at the right price it's always best to shop around but who has the time? Featuring hundreds of plans from all the leading U.S. travel insurers, InsureMyTrip.com lets you analyze, rate, compare and buy a wide range of premier travel products at one time, in the same place so you save valuable time and effort.
3. Understand the Details: An educated consumer is a confident consumer but sometimes we all need a little extra help. Before you purchase a travel insurance plan always review the coverage details with a licensed representative to ensure that the policy you've chosen provides the protection you want. InsureMyTrip.com is the only travel insurance comparison company with a Customer Care team dedicated seven days a week to helping you understand and choose the travel insurance plan that's right for you.
4. Buy From a Third Party: In hard times, travel companies including tour operators, cruise lines and airlines also feel the squeeze so it's always best to purchase your travel insurance protection from a third-party source rather than directly through a travel supplier. Typically, coverage offered by suppliers are either "vouchers" or insurance that provides absolutely no protection or recourse if the travel supplier goes bankrupt or becomes financially insolvent.
5. Bargain Shopping: There is no such thing as 'discount' travel insurance. How do you cut corners when you're looking to protect the safety and security of your financial investment, your loved ones, or your belongings? The best way to 'save' money with travel insurance is to purchase the policy that best meets your needs.
To learn more about the protection plans that best suit your travel needs, visit www.insuremytrip.com online or call (800) 487-4722 to speak with a licensed travel insurance professional. Whether you simply need one question answered or want step-by-step assistance selecting a travel insurance policy, InsureMyTrip's expert Customer Care representatives are available to help seven days a week, 365 days a year.
2010 marks the tenth anniversary of InsureMyTrip.com as the leading, consumer-oriented online travel insurance aggregator worldwide. Featuring insurance comparisons from the top industry providers, InsureMyTrip.com is a unique, one-stop resource designed to meet consumers' comprehensive travel insurance needs all in a secure environment. InsureMyTrip.com also specializes in providing integrated technology solutions for the travel insurance industry, with over 2,000 private-labeled and co-branded travel-related websites around the globe. InsureMyTrip.com is headquartered in Warwick, RI with additional offices and data centers in Connecticut and Oregon.