CYPRESS, Calif., June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Sparked by sales of the new-for-2010 Lancer Sportback, Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced May 2010 sales of 4,737, an increase of 8.8 percent compared to May 2009.
It's the third straight monthly sales increase for MMNA. Over that period (March/April/May) sales have increased an aggregate 9.4 percent.
"The addition of Sportback to our unique line-up of products and its warm reception emphasize that consumers are coming to us because we offer products that stand out from the crowd. These products are 'different, for a reason,'" said MMNA President & CEO Shin Kurihara. "Our sales improvement over the last three months positions us for a summer in which we will align our sales efforts and our marketing to set the stage for the launch of our exciting all-new Outlander Sport."
May highlights included:
- Lancer Sportback sales of 256 marked the second best month of sales since the Sportback began sales in August of last year.
- Outlander sales increased more than 56 percent compared to May 2009 and are up more than 27 percent year-to-date. Outlander sales have increased five of the past six months.
- Lancer sales were up 5.5 percent compared to a year ago (May 2009) and jumped more than 75 percent from the month before (April 2010). It was Lancer's best sales month since August 2009 and the fuel-efficient sedan's second best sales month since August 2008.
- Galant sales increased 59 percent compared to last May, and are up more than 70 percent year-to-date. This marks the sixth consecutive month that Galant sales have increased compared to the prior year.
- Year-to-date sales of MMNA's models built in Normal, Illinois, remain strong. Sales from January through May of Galant, Eclipse, Spyder, and Endeavor are up a combined 12.2 percent compared to the same period in 2009.
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks through a network of more than 400 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
SOURCE Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.