FRISCO, Colo., April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers will relocate its Dillon store to Frisco on Thursday, May 12. The new Frisco location, which opens at 8 a.m., is located at 970 N Ten Mile Dr., just under 4 miles west of the original Dillon location.
As part the of the May 12 grand opening, Natural Grocers will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:55 a.m. and will then distribute mystery gift cards to the first 50 customers in line. Gift cards will be in the amount of $5, $10, $25, $50 and $100. Customers won't know the amount of their gift card until they check out.
Grand Opening Celebration
The May 12 opening of the Frisco store begins with a live performance by members of Jakarta, Denver's hottest old school funk and R&B band, in their spin-off band J4, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. The store will also offer a tasting of healthy and delicious food from its Paleo Wraps class, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
This will be followed by a month-long series of free, grand opening celebrations, including food tastings, cooking demonstrations and nutrition classes with nutrition experts. All activities will take place from noon to 4 p.m. (unless noted otherwise) on the following dates:
- Saturday, May 14: Colorado Products Fair
- Saturday, May 21: Taste the Natural Grocers Difference Food Quality Fair
- Saturday, May 28: Kick off Your Summer, Gluten Free Tasting Fair and Health Expo
- Saturday, June 4: Paleo Fair
Board-certified traditional naturopathic doctor, award-winning cookbook author and director of the "Fight MS with Food" project, Elizabeth Yarnell, will present a seminar about auto-immunity and nutrition on May 23rd, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Natural Grocers will continue to provide the Dillon and Frisco communities with fresh produce that is exclusively USDA Certified Organic, as well as other healthy, affordable, organic and natural products. The store will feature a mix of national brands and a selection of locally produced products from Colorado in a small, neighborhood market environment. The Frisco store will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. Natural Grocers Frisco will be open 7 days a week.
*Click here for store b-roll footage.
What to Expect from Natural Grocers
- Highest quality organic and natural groceries, dietary supplements and body care products
- EDAP – Every Day Affordable Price®
- Free science-based nutrition classes, health coaching, cooking demos and more
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and harmful trans-fats
- 100 percent USDA Certified Organic produce
- Strict meat standards – raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by-products
- Pasture-Based Dairy Standard – Dairy products that come exclusively from confinement-free dairies
- Bag-free checkouts and commitment to sustainability
- A Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) in every store
- Knowledgeable staff offering world-class customer service
- Support for local community organizations
Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help support their own health. The company currently operates 112 stores in 19 states.
For more information, visit the Frisco store web page. Watch the Natural Grocers good4urevolution video and like them on Facebook to learn more.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Founded in Colorado in 1955, Natural Grocers has over 2,700 employees and operates more than 100 stores in 19 states.
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.