BRIDGEWATER, N.J., May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Brother International Corporation, a leader in small business technology, today announced the launch of the MFC-9000 series, its newest series of digital color all-in-ones. This new series is anchored by the flagship model MFC-9340CDW, which offers small business users advanced, big business features, such as fast color and black printing speeds (up to 23ppm color and black), automatic duplex printing, plus, single-pass duplex scanning/copying. All models in the MFC-9000 series feature a 3.7" Color TouchScreen Display with WebConnect3 and are all priced under $4504.
Brother recognized that small businesses desire the same kind of connected capabilities -- scanning to the cloud, web connectivity and mobile printing technologies -- associated with larger businesses. Additionally, a recent study among small business owners revealed that important business documents, like those used for new business opportunities, marketing promotion, presentations, etc., are typically printed in color1. With this in mind, Brother wanted to provide small businesses with an all-in-one that can scan and connect to leading web-based destinations, while also printing and copying high-impact color business documents, helping to save small businesses time and money – up to 60 percent2 – otherwise spent at local copy centers.
"While developing the new MFC-9000 series, we were inspired by the small business owner who desires all of the big business features associated with more expensive machines, but without the high costs or large, bulky design," said Steve Feldstein, director of marketing for Brother laser and scanner products. "Our new MFC-9000 series delivers a feature-rich solution for in-house production of color business documents in a compact design and at an affordable price."
Additional business-focused features include a large paper capacity (250 sheets) and a 3.7" color TouchScreen Display with a tap and swipe interface for simple, intuitive commands and easy access to wireless connectivity and mobile device printing6 functionalities.
The MFC-9000 series of digital color all-in-ones was designed with a compact footprint and host of advanced productivity features that make producing quality color business documents in-house quick, easy and affordable for small businesses. The performance advantages of the MCF-9000 series include:
Cost Saving Features
- Savings – Save up to 60%2 by conveniently printing your color documents in-house
- Advanced Duplex Capability – Automatic duplex printing (MFC-9330CDW), plus single-pass duplex scanning/copying (MFC-9340CDW) to help to save paper.
- New High Capacity Replacement Color Toners5 provide approximately 7.5 percent lower color cost per copy versus standard capacity replacement color toners
- Secure Function Lock limits accessibility to selected functionality on a per user basis to help reduce unnecessary use as well as paper and toner consumption
- Deep Sleep Mode uses less than two watts of power when not in use
- Auto Off Mode powers off the unit when not in use to reduce energy consumption (when setting is turned ON). For more information, please visit http://www.brotherearth.com/en/ecoproduct/tech.html
- Speed – Delivers blazing fast color and black print speeds (up to 23ppm – MFC-9330CDW & MFC-9340CDW)
- Large Paper Capacity – 250 std./250 max help reduce time spent reloading paper
- Wireless Networking support for b/g and now n access points (wireless 802.11b/g/n interface)
- Wireless Printing From Your Mobile Device6 via Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan (free downloadable app), Cortado Workplace and W-Fi Direct™
- Reliability – 9 out of 10 Brother laser owners would recommend a Brother Laser Printer
- Support – Free phone support for the life of the product
Models in the Brother MFC-9000 series are currently available online and at local office super stores. For more information on the Brother MFC-9000 series of digital color printers or to find a retailer, please visit www.Brother.com.
Estimated Street Price: $399.994
- Fast color and black printing – up to 19ppm
- High-impact business printing – at up to 600x2400 dpi resolution using Brother's LED print technology
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n & Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- 3.7" Color TouchScreen Display with WebConnect3 to access your FACEBOOK™, PICASA™, FLICKR®, EVERNOTE, DROPBOX, SKYDRIVE® or BOX account
- High capacity color toners available5 (approx. 2,200 pgs)
- Deep sleep mode – uses <2W when not in use
- Mobile device printing6 – wireless printing from your mobile device via: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan (free downloadable app), Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct™
- Large input paper capacity of 250 sheets – adjustable for letter or legal
- Plus, a single-sheet manual feed slot for envelope printing, thicker media or custom sizes
- 35-page capacity auto document feeder
- One year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product
Estimated Street Price: $449.994
All the same features as the MFC-9130cw, plus:
- Up to 23ppm color and black printing
- Automatic duplex printing
- Ethernet interface
- USB Direct Interface – print files (JPEG, PDF & XPS files) from or scan to your USB flash memory drive
Estimated Street Price: $449.994
All the same features as the MFC-9330cdw, plus:
- Single-pass duplex scanning and copying (Automatic duplex print/copy/scan/fax)
Brother International Corporation is one of the premier providers of products for the home, home office and office. The U.S. corporate office in Bridgewater, N. J., was established on April 21, 1954 and currently markets many industrial products, home appliances and business products manufactured by its parent company, Brother Industries, Ltd. of Nagoya, Japan.
These products include an award-winning line of Multi-Function Center® machines and printers. Brother also provides the number-one line of facsimile machines in the U.S. and is the leader in electronic labeling, with its full line of P-touch® Electronic Labeling Systems. For more information you can visit the website at www.brother.com.
1 Based on study conducted December 2012 by B2B International for Brother International.
2 Based on Brother cost per copy (MSRP) calculation vs. nationwide copy centers as of October 2012. See www.brother.com for details.
3 Requires an internet connection and account with desired service. See www.brother.com for details
4 Estimated street price, prices may vary.
5 TN225 (CMY) vs. TN221 (CMY). Up to 7.5% claim based on cost per copy using cartridge MSRP. TN225 cartridge is sold separately.
6 Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
All trademarks and registered trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective companies. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. Google Cloud Print is a trademark of Google Inc. EVERNOTE is a trademark of Evernote Corporate and used under a license. All specifications subject to change without notice.
Working with you for a better environment
At Brother, our green initiative is simple. We strive to take responsibility, act respectfully and try to make a positive difference to help build a society where sustainable development can be achieved. We call this approach Brother Earth. www.brotherearth.com
SOURCE Brother International Corporation