MELVILLE, N.Y., Feb. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Nikon Inc. announced the U.S. availability of the COOLPIX A1000 and COOLPIX B600, Nikon's newest high-power point-and-shoot cameras with exceptional zoom capabilities built-in. Designed for the everyday photographer who wants optical capabilities that far exceed a smartphone, the A1000 and B600 feature lenses with 35x and 60x zoom respectively, enabling users to capture high-quality images across a wide range of shooting scenarios.
"Customers looking for a compact camera are seeking features smartphones simply cannot deliver, including amazing zoom and the low-light capabilities to capture the moments that matter most," said Jay Vannatter, Executive Vice President, Nikon Inc. "The COOLPIX A1000 and COOLPIX B600 are the ideal tools to deliver just that, by providing the photo, video and optical power that users need to take their photography to the next level."
The COOLPIX A1000 – Stylish, Portable, Powerful
The stylish COOLPIX A1000 delivers high-powered features packed within a sleek, compact design that fits comfortably in a pocket – ideal for a fast-paced, on-the-go lifestyle. Designed with a 35x optical zoom lens that covers a versatile focal range that begins at the wide-angle 24mm1 equivalent and extends to the super-telephoto 840mm1 equivalent, the camera is versatile enough to handle everything from everyday events to a once-in-lifetime vacation.
Beyond stunning imagery, the COOLPIX A1000 is also designed to capture dazzling 4K UHD videos of life's treasured moments and epic adventures.
Primary Features of the COOLPIX A1000:
- Superb 35x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers an expansive 24-840mm1 range to capture anything from vast landscapes to distant subjects
- With Dynamic Fine Zoom, sharpness is preserved throughout the digital zoom range, which can be expanded up to 70x2, or a focal length equivalent to approximately 1680 mm (in 35mm  format)
- Macro close-up mode that allows users to enjoy macro photography when shooting as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.) to the lens at the maximum wide-angle position
- 16-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor with an ISO range of up to 6400 (when using P/S/A/M modes) enables beautiful images even after the sun sets
- 1166k-dot electronic eye-level viewfinder that aids in the framing process, enabling users to compose their shot even in bright light situations
- Capture uncompressed RAW (NRW) images for easier editing and post-processing using Capture NX-D, Nikon's RAW processing software, to create beautiful photographic works without compromising image quality
- Lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function to produce sharp images, even without a tripod
- Record 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) videos with full stereo sound and Hybrid VR functionality for smooth and steady footage
- Equipped with Nikon's Active D-Lighting function for enhanced photo quality in high-contrast scenarios, such as shooting backlit portraits. In addition, the Active D-Lighting function, which effectively reduces the loss of details in highlights and shadows in scenes exhibiting great contrast, can also be applied during movie recording3
- 1036K-dot 3-inch tilting touchscreen display for easier image capture from challenging angles
- Snap Back Zoom and Side Zoom controls to comfortably adjust camera settings while using the viewfinder
- Five pre-set Creative Modes and 20 different image effects for photographers who want to enhance their images in-camera
- Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®4 connectivity that makes sharing high quality Nikon images easy when using the Nikon SnapBridge5 app and a compatible mobile device
The COOLPIX B600– Impressive Zoom in a Compact, Easy-to-Use Design
The compact COOLPIX B600 is equipped with a 60x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers an impressive focal length range equivalent to 24-1440mm1, enabling users to easily capture events from wide-angle landscapes to super-telephoto close-ups of their favorite ballplayer sliding into home plate. This big zoom power is packed inside a simple and lightweight form factor, making it a great choice for the everyday photographer looking to document their life from both near and afar.
Primary Features of the COOLPIX B600:
- 16-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor and advanced EXPEED image-processing engine to capture detailed images in challenging light conditions
- Nail the shot from a distance with a 60x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that spans a 24-1440mm1 equivalent focal range, or go even further with 120x2 Dynamic Fine Zoom
- Equipped with Macro mode, which allows users to enjoy macro photography with shooting as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.) to the lens at the maximum wide-angle position
- Capture sharp photos and smooth video thanks to the built-in Vibration Reduction (VR) mechanism capable of reducing camera shake to the same degree as a 3.0-stop6 increase in shutter speed with still photography, and 4-axis Hybrid VR that effectively reduces blur with movie recording
- 19 scene modes automatically optimize camera setting according to the scene a user is trying to capture, such as the Multiple Exposure Lighten mode that captures dramatic nightscapes and light paths – like the flow of car lights
- Select from 36 different creative effects and filters to easily bring a creative vision to life
- Intuitive controls like Snap Back Zoom and Side Zoom controls make it possible for photographers of all levels to capture far-away subjects with ease
- Record high-quality 1080/60i (50i) and 1080/30p Full HD movies with stereo sound
- Seamless sharing thanks to the camera's built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®4 connectivity and the Nikon's SnapBridge5 app, which automatically transfers images to a compatible smart device7 while the user continues shooting
- Support for the ML-L7 Remote Control, which is capable of a variety of operations over a Bluetooth® connection to the camera
- Adoption of the EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, which can be charged over USB while inserted in the camera
Price and Availability
The new COOLPIX A1000 (available in Black) and COOLPIX B600 (available in Black) will be available in the U.S. this March 2019 for a suggested retail prices (SRP*) of $479.95 and $329.95, respectively.
For more information on either of these new COOLPIX cameras as well as Nikon's latest products, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo and video capture technologies; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enable visual storytelling and content creation. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories, Nikon COOLPIX® compact digital cameras and Nikon software products, as well as the revolutionary Nikon Z series of mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses, which achieve a new dimension in optical performance. In November 2018, Nikon Corporation, the parent company of Nikon Inc., announced the production of 110 million NIKKOR lenses, creating a new milestone in Nikon's heritage of superior optics. For more information, dial (800) NIKON-US or visit www.nikonusa.com. which links all levels of photographers and visual storytellers to the Web's most comprehensive learning and sharing communities. Connect with Nikon on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, Flickr and Snapchat (@NikonUSASnap).
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon Corporation is under license.
Wi-Fi® and the Wi-Fi® logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1 Equivalent focal length in 35mm  format
2Magnification of Dynamic Fine Zoom is calculated from the maximum wide-angle position of optical zoom.
3 Cannot be used with HS 720/4x (1280 x 720) recording
4Bluetooth® capability can only be used to connect the camera to a smart device running the SnapBridge app, and to take advantage of SnapBridge features.
5The SnapBridge app is available for compatible iPhone®, iPad® and/or iPod touch®, and for smart devices running the AndroidTM operating system. The app can be downloaded free of charge from Apple's App Store® and GooglePlayTM. SnapBridge can be used only with compatible cameras.
6Measured in accordance with CIPA standards
7iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, and Android™ devices to which the SnapBridge app has been installed can be used. The SnapBridge app can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store® and Google Play™. See Nikon's website for further information.
*SRP (Suggested Retail Price) listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time.
Specifications, equipment and release dates are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
SOURCE Nikon Inc.