OMAHA, Neb., March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Omaha Steaks today announced its Steak Time App for iPad is now available on the App Store. Steak Time for iPad capitalizes on the strengths of the original app for iPhone and iPod touch, and features a number of enhancements that take advantage of iPad's large, high-resolution display and Multi-Touch interface.
Steak Time for iPad has been designed to create a better user experience with features like an informational "Steak 101" section complete with how-to videos, tips for perfect grilling, steak facts and hundreds of delicious, shareable steak recipes.
As with the original Steak Time App, the 'Grill Timer' is the highlight feature of the iPad version, enabling users to create a personalized steak timer setting for everyone on their guest list.
Other key features include:
- Universal timer which allows users to set food preparation timers directly from within recipes and view active times from anywhere in the app.
- 'Buy Now' buttons that appear in a user's grocery list allowing them to purchase Omaha Steaks products.
- Ability to browse the Omaha Steaks store from within the app.
- Conversation card feature that provides a host of interesting facts and questions to help liven up the dinner discussion.
- Social media integration allowing users to share recipes and tips with their friends on Facebook and Twitter.
The Steak Time App is available for free from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About Omaha Steaks
Omaha Steaks, founded in 1917, is an Omaha, Nebraska-based, fifth-generation, family-owned company that markets and distributes a wide variety of the finest quality USDA-approved, grain fed beef and gourmet foods. Today, Omaha Steaks is recognized as the nation's largest direct response marketer of premium beef, available to customers by calling 1-800-960-8400, online at www.OmahaSteaks.com or at retail stores nationwide.
SOURCE Omaha Steaks