BETHESDA, Md., April 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In October 2010, Renaissance Hotels (www.renhotels.com) inspired a new era in hotel-branded entertainment with the launch of RLife LIVE (www.RLifeLive.com), an entertainment and music platform that provides hotel guests and local patrons the chance to engage with musical talent on-site at Renaissance Hotels. The unforgettable interactions include vary from acoustic performances, listening parties, unexpected DJ sets, post-concert events and meet and greet opportunities that go beyond a quick photo or autograph signing. Today, Renaissance Hotels introduces the second leg of RLife LIVE for the 2011 year.
Last year, RLife LIVE created opportunities to meet and experience top emerging talent at Renaissance properties, including the likes of Robyn, Janelle Monae, Thievery Corporation, Neon Trees and Bruno Mars. This year, RLife LIVE continues to feature an eclectic fleet of emerging artists on the verge of superstardom at various Renaissance Hotels, including the following artists and/or tours:
- Bruno Mars
- Andrew Allen
- DJ Mia Moretti & violinist Caitlin Moe
- ELEW/Josh Groban Tour
"In 2010, Renaissance Hotels introduced the RLife LIVE entertainment platform as a way to make it easy for our guests to discover new talent. Bruno Mars was a great example where Renaissance Hotels tapped into the musician's path of rising fame and quickly signed him for various RLife LIVE events, including a memorable New Year's Eve performance at the Renaissance Times Square Hotel. Since then he's become a Grammy award winner and headliner of a worldwide tour with Janelle Monae, another program alum," said Dan Vinh, vice president of marketing for Renaissance Hotels. "This year, we will continue to work with artists who are part of the RLife LIVE family, like Thievery Corporation, but we will also provide our guests with new opportunities to engage emerging talent across a variety of genres of music. And we'll make it easier for music lovers to participate as we roll out to more Renaissance locations in the US and globally and promote through sweepstakes and other social media efforts. Our goal is to continue to curate memorable experiences and make it easily accessible for all our guests, not just VIPs, to enjoy in the comforts of our hotel lounge."
The following RLife LIVE programs are on tap for 2011:
- In order to ensure hotel guests have the opportunity to interact with the ultimate array of local and emerging top artists, RLife LIVE is teaming up with both independent labels as well as established ones. From Sony Music Entertainment, we bring three Sony artists to various U.S. Renaissance properties starting in May 2011, including:
- Hugo (singer/songwriter whose hit remix of "99 Problems" was recently featured on the soundtrack "No Strings Attached")
- Lenka (Australian singer/songwriter known for her song "The Show" and featured on television hits such as "Grey's Anatomy" and "Ugly Betty". Lenka is also a VH1 "You Oughta Know" artist.)
- Andrew Allen (Up-and-coming singer/songwriter whose first single "Loving You Tonight" is just beginning to impact radio while he gears up for the summer release of his U.S. debut album, What You Wanted, this June)
- N.E.R.D, led by Pharrell Williams, is constantly at the forefront of hip hop and pop culture, leading the way as an American rock, funk, and hip hop band with an album titled "Nothing" set to come out in 2011. Starting May 25th, N.E.R.D will host intimate performances and meet and greets on site at various Renaissance properties starting in Atlanta.
- Piano iconoclast and an RLife LIVE discovery, ELEW is a modern day pop artist and musical revolutionary, who is making a substantial impression on the music world with a thunderous new style of playing: an inspired melding of ragtime, rock and pop that he calls Rockjazz. This new musical sensation is on tour with Josh Groban starting in May. While on tour, ELEW will stop at 10 different Renaissance Hotel properties engaging hotel guests and patrons with intimate meet and greets and performances.
- The worldwide sensation, Bruno Mars, has become a fixture of the RLife LIVE program. This year, Renaissance Hotels is offering Renaissance Hotel guests and fans exclusive opportunities to attend select Bruno Mars performances during his U.S. tour -- many of which have sold out already. A link to this contest can be found at: http://RLifeLIVE.com.
Fans and hotel guests can log onto www.rlifelive.com for the latest on RLife LIVE events, artists and giveaways, including behind-the-scenes interviews with RLife LIVE artists.
RENAISSANCE HOTELS is an upscale brand with more than 150 properties in 34 countries that speaks to passionate travelers in search of authentic local discoveries when traveling for business or leisure. Renaissance Hotels has recently welcomed several new "gems" to its global collection -- the historic 5-star St Pancras Renaissance in London, the exotic Renaissance Sanya Resort and Spa in burgeoning China, the urban boutique Renaissance Atlanta Midtown and the sexy Renaissance Sao Paulo. These hotels join a rich portfolio defined by distinctive and well-known icons such as the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel in Washington, D.C., the Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort & Spa, and the Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel. To make reservations and for more information about Renaissance Hotels, visit www.renaissancehotels.com. Follow Renaissance on www.twitter.com/RenHotels, Facebook.com/RenaissanceHotels and the RLife Blog at TheRenaissanceLife.com
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
SOURCE Marriott International, Inc.