ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SeaWorld® is taking preschool and elementary-aged children on an adventure around the world, releasing five new interactive, educational and entertaining apps.
The following SeaWorld Kids mobile apps are available now for free in the App Store for iPhone and iPad:
- Baby Animals: Cute and Cuddly Animal Babies by SeaWorld Kids– Play with and learn about adorable baby animals including giraffes, lambs and walrus calves in an app that teaches the love and tender care that goes into raising animal babies.
- Penguin's Playground – Waddle with your children while they solve puzzles and build their own Antarctic habitat in an app with 18 engaging videos and activities.
- Polar Bear Playground – Plunge into frozen waters with the Arctic's top predator by playing match-3 games, run and jump with polar bears while learning about them in a fun runner game and more.
- SeaWorld® Kids Network – Learn about endangered animals through entertaining videos and games, while swimming along with sea turtles in an app that will be updated frequently with new content.
- Tigers, Lions, Cheetahs and Other Big Cats – In this digital safari, see majestic lions, fierce tigers and cunning cheetahs in numerous mini-games and engaging videos, and learn about big cat conservation.
"Kids will love traveling from the North Pole to the South Pole and so many places between with our new digital apps," Scott Helmstedter, Chief Creative Officer for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment said. "SeaWorld Kids apps help teach children about the natural world in a fun and interactive way that also allows parents to play along."
Each of these apps expands the digital presence for SeaWorld Kids, where imagination meets nature, and lets children stay connected to nature and conservation year-round.
SeaWorld Kids supports the in-park mission of SeaWorld through the creation of relevant content on new media platforms and consumer products. These kid-friendly apps inspire and educate families about wildlife and nature while empowering and engaging users to take part in helping our wild neighbors. For more information on SeaWorld Kids, join our passionate online community by liking us on Facebook, following us on Instagram or tuning in on YouTube.
About SeaWorld Kids
SeaWorld® Kids features entertainment and lifestyle content and products that connect children ages 12 and younger with the joy and wonder of animals and the natural world. Joining inspiration and innovation, this initiative brings kids up close to nature in fun new ways, allowing them to connect with the world we share at home, play, school and on-the-go. SeaWorld Kids represents both original and library-driven content programming in animation, TV, film, gaming, publishing, music and more.
About SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc.
SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) is a leading theme park and entertainment company delivering personal, interactive and educational experiences that blend imagination with nature and enable its customers to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world we share. The Company owns or licenses a portfolio of globally recognized brands including SeaWorld®, Shamu® and Busch Gardens®. Over its more than 50-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 11 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind collection of approximately 86,000 marine and terrestrial animals. The Company's theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests. SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. is one of the world's foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest animal collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The Company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld rescue team has helped more than 24,000 animals in need over the last 50 years. Copies of this and other news releases as well as additional information about SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. can be obtained online at www.seaworldentertainment.com. Shareholders and prospective investors can also register to automatically receive the Company's press releases, SEC filings and other notices by e-mail by registering at that website.
SW Kids app images can be found here: http://goo.gl/xpuC13
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/seaworld-kids-explores-nature-with-five-new-fun-mobile-apps-300010207.html
SOURCE SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc.