SAN FRANCISCO, August 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global self-driving/autonomous cars and trucks market size is anticipated to reach 4,223 thousand units by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 63.1% during the forecast period. An autonomous vehicle is a combination of various sensors and networking systems that assist computers in driving vehicles. Thus, several technology providers such as Google Inc. and Tesla Motors have also entered the market and are contributing to research and development of autonomous vehicles.
The automobile industry is dynamic and is witnessing rapid advancements in terms of technologies. Several major players in the industry, such as General Motors Company (GM), Volkswagen AG, Mercedes-Benz, and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW), invest a significant part of their revenue in research and development of technologies. Currently, there is a growing trend of autonomous vehicles, thus attracting larger investments from top players.
The autonomous cars and trucks market has been segmented on the basis of application into transportation and defense. The transportation segment has been bifurcated further into industrial and commercial applications. Transportation is expected to have a greater market share while the defense segment is expected to portray the highest growth over the forecast period.
The North America region is slated to account for the largest share in the autonomous cars and trucks market in 2020. Demand for autonomous vehicles is expected to increase over the forecast period owing to stern government regulations and rising adoption of self-driving vehicles in U.S.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Self driving Cars and Trucks Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Transportation, Defense), By Region (NA, Europe, APAC, South America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2030" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/driverless-cars-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Demand for driverless cars and trucks market is expected to grow owing to rising number of regulations laid down by governments of various developed and developing nations
- Market size of the defense segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR of 86.4% over the forecast period
- U.S., China, and Japan markets are expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to large-scale testing activities and adoption of autonomous cars and trucks in the transportation sector
- Audi AG; BMW AG; Daimler AG (Mercedes Benz); Ford Motor Company; General Motors; Google LLC; Honda Motor Corporation; Nissan Motor Company; Tesla, Inc.; Toyota Motor Corporation; Uber Technologies, Inc.; Volvo Car Corporation; and Volkswagen AG are some of the key market incumbents.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Internal Combustion Engine Market - The global internal combustion engine market size was approximately 138 million units in 2014.
- Automotive HVAC Market - The global automotive HVAC market size was valued at USD 11.68 billion in 2014. Increasing income level and growing middle class population is expected to boost industry growth over the forecast period.
- Ground Handling System Market - The ground handling system market size was estimated at USD 97.82billion in 2014.
- Connected Car Market - The global connected car market size was estimated at over USD 24 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 28% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global Self-driving/Autonomous Cars and Trucks market on the basis of application and region:
- Self-driving/Autonomous Cars and Trucks Application Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units, 2020 - 2030)
- Self-driving/Autonomous Cars and Trucks Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units, 2020 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.