SAN FRANCISCO, June 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global smoking cessation and nicotine de-addiction market is expected to reach over USD 21.8 billion by 2024 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.
The base of population addicted to smoking is rapidly increasing across the globe. This population subset majorly includes teenagers and the working population. Smoking-related mortality is very high. The increasing desire to quit smoking and the numerous health complications associated with smoking serve as strong incentives for companies to introduce novel smoking cessation products, such as Revolymer, which has introduced the next generation nicotine gums to help smokers quit smoking. The launch of these improved and innovative nicotine replacement therapy products is to serve as a high impact rendering driver for the growth of the smoking cessation and nicotine de-addiction market.
The growing incidence of target diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, cardiac diseases, and lung cancer, and the increasing awareness pertaining to the hazardous side-effects of smoking are the factors expected to promote market expansion. Educational institutions remain active in organizing various campaigns and programs to spread information about the harmful effects and consequences of smoking so as to increase young population awareness.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Smoking Cessation And Nicotine De-addiction Market Analysis By Product (Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Inhalers, Gums, Patches, Lozenges, Sprays, Sublingual Tablets, Varenicline, Bupropione, Drug therapy, E-cigarettes) And Segment Forecasts To 2024" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smoking-cessation-and-nicotine-de-addiction-products-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) dominated the smoking cessation and de-nicotine addiction product market in 2015. Majorly used NRT products include nicotine chewing gums and the transdermal patches. Increased availability and the introduction of the ingestible nicotine products with different flavors are the factors responsible for its large market share.
- The e-cigarette segment is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of19.0% over the forecast period. The major factors responsible for the growth of the E-cigarette market include the introduction of second and third generation e-cigarettes, the availability of various flavored products, the presence of numerous vendors operating and selling e-cigarettes under different brand names.
- North America held a large market share of over 35.0% in 2015 owing to the high awareness levels of nicotine de-addiction products with around 90% of the U.S. population were identified as aware of e-cigarettes in 2015
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market. The registration of nicotine de-addiction products and e-cigarettes as well as the strengthening of the company distribution channels in countries, such as China, India, and Australia are expected to support the growth over the forecast period
- Some key players of this market are Pfizer, Inc., Cipla Ltd., Novartis International AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Takeda pharmaceutical Company Ltd., McNeil AB, Revolymer plc, Imperial Tobacco Ltd., and VMR products, LLC
- The market players are making slow but steady progress in the e-cigarette market by focusing on the development, commercialization, and distribution of the FDA approved nicotine products. For instance, in 2014, Victory Electronic Cigarettes Corporation acquired Ten Motives Ltd. with an aim to expand their distribution channels and attain wider market coverage.
Grand View Research has segmented the smoking cessation and nicotine de-addiction market on the basis of product and region.
- Global Smoking Cessation and Nicotine De-addiction Market Product Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2015 - 2024)
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy
- Nicotine Spray
- Nicotine Inhalers
- Nicotine Gum
- Nicotine Transdermal Patches
- Nicotine Sublingual Tablets
- Nicotine Lozenges
- Drug Therapy
- Nicorette Buccal
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy
- Smoking Cessation and Nicotine De-addiction Market Regional Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2015 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Orthobiological Products Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/orthobiological-products-market
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/active-pharmaceutical-ingredients-market
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMP) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bone-morphogenetic-proteins-market
- Biotechnology Reagents Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biotechnology-reagent-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.