SAN FRANCISCO, January 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global surgical suture market size is expected to reach at USD 5.9 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% over the forecast period. The increasing cases of complicated surgeries and awareness regarding patient safety during surgeries are expected to drive the market in the next few years.
Aging baby boomers and introduction of various sutures by the market players are other high impact rendering market drivers. For instance, in November 2015, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved RESORBA suture range developed by Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc.
Furthermore, advantages associated with multivalent sutures over staples and adhesives in complicated surgeries are likely to propel the market growth during the forecast period. Staples cause more pain and are less precise in complicated wound closure, hence sutures are preferred over staples. This factor is anticipated to bode well for the growth of the market for surgical sutures over the forecast period.
Increasing number of surgical procedures due to the presence of a large geriatric population, government support in various countries, and favorable reimbursement scenario are likely to further drive the market in the forthcoming years.
The type segment comprises absorbable and non-absorbable sutures. Absorbable suture provides temporary support to wound till it heals, can withstand normal stress, and there is no need to remove it post-surgery as it gets absorbed in the body after a certain period. This factor is anticipated to drive the demand for this type in near future.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Surgical Sutures Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Absorbable, Nonabsorbable), By Filament (Monovalent, Multivalent), By Application, By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surgical-sutures-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Absorbable suture accounted for the largest market share in 2017 and is expected to maintain its share in the coming years
- Multivalent filament accounted for the maximum market share in 2017 due to its high strength, pliability, and more flexibility than monovalent filament
- Cardiovascular surgery segment accounted for the largest share of the market by application in 2017, attributed to adoption of minimally invasive surgeries and rising number of cardiovascular surgeries performed around the world due to high incidence of cardiovascular diseases and development
- North America accounted for the largest share of the surgical sutures market in 2017 and is expected to maintain its dominance in the coming years due to the presence of major market players
- Some of the major market players are Ethicon Inc.; Medtronic; Integra LifeSciences; Péters Surgical; Internacional Farmacéutica; Sutures India Pvt. Ltd.; B. Braun Melsungen AG; and Smith & Nephew.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Joint Reconstruction Devices Market - The global joint reconstruction devices market size was estimated at USD 18.7 billion in 2016.
- Electrodes For Medical Devices Market - The global Electrodes for medical devices market size was valued at USD 775.8 million in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% during the forecast period.
- Perfusion System Market - The global perfusion system market size was valued at USD 87.05 million in 2016 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period.
- Infection Control Market - The global infection control market size was estimated at USD 150.4 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% throughout the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical sutures market on the basis of type, filament, application, and region:
- Surgical Sutures Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Surgical Sutures Filament Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Surgical Sutures Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
- Surgical Sutures End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Clinics
- Surgical Sutures Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.