SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit advancing professional open source management for mass collaboration, today announced the program for Embedded Linux Conference + OpenIoT Summit North America, taking place February 21-23 in Portland, OR. Attendees have access to all sessions and activities at both events, which are co-located in the same venue.
The Linux Foundation events are where the world's leading technologists meet, collaborate, learn and network in order to advance innovations that support the world's largest shared technologies.
Now in its 12th year, Embedded Linux Conference (ELC) features conference sessions for companies and developers using Linux in embedded products. The conference gathers user-space developers, product vendors, kernel and systems developers to collaborate.
Launched in 2016, OpenIoTSummit is the only IoT event focused on IoT development on devices. The event features talks on infrastructure, security, open source tools and much more. OpenIoT Summit gathers embedded developers, application developers, systems architects and firmware developers to learn, share and advance the technical work required for the future of IoT.
Keynote speakers include:
- Linus Torvalds - Founder of Linux and Git - in discussion with Dirk Hohndel, Chief Open Source Officer at VMware
- Guy Hoffman, Renowned Robotics Expert, Cornell Professor of Mechanical Engineering & IDC Media Innovation Lab Co-Director
- Imad Sousou, Vice President of the Software and Services Group, Intel Corporation
Additional keynote speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Embedded Linux Conference session highlights include:
- Making an Amazon Echo Compatible Linux System, Mike Anderson, The PTR Group
- Transforming New Product Development with Open Hardware, Stephano Cetola, Intel
- Linux You Can Drive My Car, Walt Miner, The Linux Foundation
- Embedded Linux Size Reduction Techniques, Michael Opdenacker, Free Electrons
OpenIoT Summit session highlights include:
- Voice-controlled home automation from scratch using IBM Watson, Docker, IFTTT, and serverless, Kalonji Bankole, IBM
- Are Device Response Times a Neglected Risk of IoT?, Balwinder Kaur, AppDynamics
- Enabling the management of constrained devices using the OIC framework, James Pace, Micosa
- Journey to an Intelligent Industrial IOT Network, Susan Wu, Midokura
The full lineup of sessions can be viewed here.
One registration provides access to all activities at both Embedded Linux Conference and OpenIoT Summit. Registration is discounted to $550 through January 15. Discounted academic and hobbyist rates are also available. Applications for diversity scholarships are currently being accepted. For information on eligibility and how to apply, please click here.
These events are made possible thanks to Diamond Sponsor Intel; Platinum Sponsor Qualcomm; Gold Sponsors Civil Infrastructure Platform and SUSE; and Silver Sponsor Yocto Project.
YouTube: The Linux Foundation Event Experience (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WUeelICQ2U)
Top 5 Videos from Embedded Linux Conference + OpenIoT Summit 2016
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The Linux Foundation
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-linux-foundation-announces-session-lineup-for-embedded-linux-conference--openiot-summit-300387984.html
SOURCE The Linux Foundation