AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RetailMeNot (www.retailmenot.com/mobile), the largest digital offers destination in the United States, today announced the release of new "nearby offer" functionality for its free RetailMeNot app available on iTunes and Google Play.
The RetailMeNot app, which has provided location-aware offers to millions of shoppers since 2012, now includes a map display that shows users just how many deals are close by or even just steps away.
"Now shoppers in the United States with the RetailMeNot app can easily see and take advantage of restaurant and retailer offers that surround them on a daily basis," said Jag Bath, senior vice president, product, RetailMeNot, Inc. "Our new 'nearby offer' map display makes it easier than ever to find deals no matter where you are from coast to coast."
For example, as of November 2014:
- A RetailMeNot app user standing in Times Square, in New York City, will find 209 in-store offers from retailers or restaurants within a 5-mile radius, or nearly 60 offers within a 1-mile radius.
- Head to the mid-coast and visit Chicago, and a RetailMeNot app user standing on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Chestnut Street will find themselves surrounded by 139 in-store deals from retailers and restaurants within a 1-mile radius.
- Stand in Union Square in San Francisco on the corner of Powell and Geary streets and a RetailMeNot app user is surrounded by 111 in-store offers from retailers and restaurants within a 5-mile radius.
In short, with the new nearby offer functionality in the RetailMeNot app, users can see how they are surrounded by deals -- and take advantage of deals that they would likely have missed. The nearby offer map is the latest feature added to the RetailMeNot app designed to simplify the deal discovery process.
Other recent improvements to the RetailMeNot app include better navigation and a refreshed design that makes it easier to access nearby deals, favorite stores and saved offers!
RetailMeNot also introduced three new features accessible from the app's homepage, including:
- Just For You: Quickly check out the top offers for your favorite stores
- Our Best: Find the best curated new deals of the day—now with beautiful imagery to inspire shoppers
- Popular: See what offers are trending in the RetailMeNot community
The updated app still includes:
- Coupons and other offers from thousands of online and brick-and-mortar retailers
- Location-aware offers from retailers and restaurants at thousands of geo-fenced shopping areas, airports, universities and event centers nationwide
- Quick access to the deals available at nearby malls and shopping centers
- Mobile alerts for relevant deals and special offers from your favorite stores
- Ability to easily browse top offers by category
When signed in, RetailMeNot members can continue to access saved coupons across any device. Consumers can save coupons for later use on their desktop, mobile and tablet devices. Additionally, the RetailMeNot app will send reminders when saved coupons are about to expire.
RetailMeNot.com (http://www.retailmenot.com) is a leading digital offers destination that helps consumers save money. Since November 2006, our users have shared hundreds of thousands of offers from retailers. These offers are voted on by users, ensuring that quality deals rise to the top and those that are expired drop down the list. RetailMeNot.com is operated by RetailMeNot, Inc., the world's largest marketplace for digital offers. Consumers can save more at their favorite stores by downloading the RetailMeNot App at http://www.retailmenot.com/blog/rmn-whats-new.html.
We're out to save the world (some money).™ Consumers can follow RetailMeNot on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ by visiting http://www.retailmenot.com/corp/websites.
About RetailMeNot, Inc.
RetailMeNot, Inc. (www.retailmenot.com/corp/) operates the world's largest marketplace for digital offers. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers from their favorite retailers and brands. During the 12 months ended September 30, 2014, RetailMeNot, Inc. experienced more than 655 million visits to its websites. RetailMeNot estimates $3.5 billion in paid retailer sales in 2013 were attributable to consumer traffic from digital offers in its marketplace. The RetailMeNot, Inc. portfolio includes RetailMeNot.com, the largest digital offer marketplace in the United States; RetailMeNot.ca in Canada; VoucherCodes.co.uk, the largest digital offer marketplace in the United Kingdom; Deals.com in Germany; Actiepagina.nl, a leading digital offer site in the Netherlands; Bons-de-Reduction.com and Ma-Reduc.com, leading digital offer sites inFrance; Poulpeo.com, a leading digital offer site with cash back in France; and Deals2Buy.com, a leading digital offer site in North America. RetailMeNot, Inc. is listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol "SALE." Investors interested in learning more about the company can visit http://investor.retailmenot.com.
RetailMeNot Public Relations
+1 512 777 2957
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-retailmenot-app-has-you-surrounded--with-deals-300000833.html
SOURCE RetailMeNot, Inc.