LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., April 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- An incredible lineup of new attractions and experiences will debut this summer across all four Walt Disney World theme parks and beyond.
- A flurry of fireflies awakens the iconic Tree of Life with colorful animation, and the songs of Disney's new hit film "The Jungle Book" come to life on Discovery River, just two of the many new experiences as Disney's Animal Kingdom introduces nighttime hours for the first time in the park's 18-year history.
- "Frozen," the top animated film of all time, comes to life for the first time in an enchanting, music-filled attraction in the Norway pavilion at Epcot.
- Princesses Tiana and Rapunzel join a rousing show on the grandest stage of all in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park.
- An awe-inspiring new Star Wars fireworks and projection spectacular premieres at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Disney Springs welcomes more top shopping destinations and celebrity chef restaurants in a glittering new setting.
Across its four theme parks, multiple resort hotels and diverse shopping and dining offerings, guests will find unforgettable experiences to share with family and friends, making every moment as magical as it can be.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
For the first time in its 18-year history, Disney's Animal Kingdom will debut new day-into-nighttime experiences that celebrate the magic of nature beginning Memorial Day Weekend.
- The park's iconic Tree of Life will awaken each night amid a lively celebration of Discovery Island music and dance. Through stunning visuals, animal spirits appear and enchanted fireflies reveal stories of wonder as the tree morphs to showcase the magic of nature.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris transitions to a new nighttime adventure in the extended orange glow of a setting sun. For the first time, hyenas and African wild dogs join the safari trail.
- Discovery River becomes the stage for music and pageantry in a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney's hit live-action film The Jungle Book. The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic is a live show filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence.
- Hungry adventurers can have lunch or dinner at the new Tiffins signature restaurant on Discovery Island Memorial Day Weekend. Guests seated in the restaurant's travel-themed dining rooms or on the waterfront patio can sip libations and savor dishes featuring African, Asian and South American flavors.
- Across the park, guests can experience wondrous new nighttime experiences and entertainment celebrating marvels in nature and enjoy long-time favorites such as Expedition Everest, DINOSAUR, Kali River Rapids and more – in a whole new light.
Anna, Elsa and other beloved characters from the blockbuster film, "Frozen," will give the summer season a warm hug at Epcot beginning this June. Meanwhile "Turtle Talk with Crush" makes fun waves and Soarin takes guests to new heights.
- Anna, Elsa and their Frozen friends will welcome guests aboard the new Frozen Ever After boat ride that sails into a "Frozen" world at the Norway Pavilion. Passengers on their way to Arendelle's Winter in Summer Celebration for Queen Elsa visit the ice palace and hear beloved film tunes plus new lyrics by Oscar-winning "Let It Go" songwriters Bobby Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez.
- Also at Norway Pavilion, Anna and Elsa will greet guests in the new Royal Sommerhus, modeled after a traditional Norwegian cabin.
- In Future World, guests will celebrate the U.S. debut of the new Soarin' Around the World attraction at The Land Pavilion June 17. Now with a third Epcot theater, plus new digital screens and projection systems, the expanded attraction takes guests on an exhilarating "flight" above spectacular global landscapes and man-made wonders.
- Guests will also find new additions at "Turtle Talk with Crush" beginning in May with characters from Disney•Pixar film "Finding Dory". When Crush the sea turtle swims up to the "Human Tank" at Epcot, he'll be joined by Dory and some of her new friends that guests will get to know when "Finding Dory" swims into theaters on June 17, 2016.
Classic Disney characters will join contemporary animated film stars this June in a new extravaganza on the grand Cinderella Castle stage, and Magic Kingdom guests can experience a new dining adventure.
- For the first time, Tiana of "Princess and the Frog," and Rapunzel of "Tangled," co-star with Anna and Elsa of "Frozen," and a host of favorite Disney characters in the new Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire show. Performed on the grandest stage in the kingdom, the star-studded tale of friendship presents Mickey Mouse and his troupe of Merry Makers - Minnie Mouse, Donald, Daisy and Goofy – who invite 10 new friends from different animated worlds to join the celebration. This "timeless fairytale" of a show combines grand dance, fireworks and stunts with memorable music, an original song and special effects.
- Disney Parks will welcome Elena of Avalor, Disney's first princess inspired by diverse Latin cultures. Elena of Avalor will appear at Walt Disney World Resort later this summer and at Disneyland Resort in the fall, following her television debut in a new animated series this summer on Disney Channel.
- Next door to the legendary Jungle Cruise, guests can enjoy the bold flavors of "World Famous Jungle Cuisine" served by the wisecracking crew of the new Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen. It's the first Disney full-service restaurant themed after a specific park attraction.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
In the galactic wake of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, new Star-Wars-themed experiences shift into light speed.
- The next generation of Star Wars-themed fireworks shows, "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular," will premiere this June with new themed fireworks, lasers, special effects and video projections of iconic characters and scenes from the complete saga, all set to the unforgettable score of the film series.
- The live stage show "Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away" debuted April 4, celebrating moments from the Star Wars saga with live vignettes featuring popular characters such as BB-8, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Darth Maul.
- First Order Stormtroopers led by Captain Phasma march in formation from Star Wars Launch Bay to the park's Center Stage, adding menace to the entertainment. Star Wars Launch Bay showcases large-scale artifacts and encounters with characters including Kylo Ren. The re-imagined Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple experience also features new characters. And at Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, guests buckle up for an enhanced high-speed journey with new Star Wars: The Force Awakens characters and a visit to Jakku.
Disney Springs and Water Parks Make a Splash
Inspired by Florida's waterfront towns and natural beauty, Disney Springs is a charming district filled with unique retailers and restaurants from award-winning chefs. Throughout the summer, new stores and restaurants will open as Disney Springs more than doubles the number of retail, dining and other venues for guests
- As Disney Springs continues to expand and diversify its dining, shopping and entertainment, more exciting high-profile tenants are coming onboard, including Anthropologie, Under Armour, kate spade new york, Sephora and Lucky Brand, among others. Other new shops opening in 2016 include Zara, Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, UNIQLO and PANDORA.
- More than 30 new tenants will be coming to Disney Springs this summer, including retail shops and dining venues.
- Home to world-class dining, Disney Springs is shaping up to be a culinary dream. With its chic style and Pan-Asian flavors, Morimoto Asia offers just a taste of what's to come as more new eateries are gearing up to open in the coming year, including Tablas Frontera by Chef Rick Bayless; Homecoming – Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar by Chef Art Smith; STK Orlando, a modern steakhouse with the ambience of a sleek lounge; Sprinkles, the world's first cupcake bakery; Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza, a modern-day "pizza joint" with artisanal pies; and the reimagined, Planet Hollywood Observatory with new outdoor terrace and live entertainment.
- Celebrity Chef Rick Bayless and Chef Art Smith join master Chef Masaharu Morimoto in a growing collection of James Beard Award winning chefs at Disney Springs.
- At Cirque du Soleil's "La Nouba," the new B-Boys hip-hop, breakdancing threesome showcase a rare mix of rhythm, strength and "how-did-they-do-that?" moves. As part of the show's ongoing evolution, the masterful Aerial Bamboo act joins recent additions of madcap clowns and a breathtaking rolla bolla juggling act.
Meanwhile, Disney water parks will ramp up with playful spirits and summer fun faster than Olaf can beg for warm hugs.
- At Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Olaf from Disney's animated hit "Frozen," will be living his "In Summer" dream as he and Kristoff host The "Frozen" Games of friendly, fun competitions.
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park castaways can splash down on a sandy summer beach with a cold ale and savory snack after a wild slide on Crush 'n' Gusher water coaster.
Disney guests will have a magical summer experience wherever they play, dine, relax or celebrate at Walt Disney World theme parks, entertainment venues and resort hotels. For more information about Walt Disney World Resort, visit www.disneyworld.com and www.disneyparksblog.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-summer-magical-new-experiences-will-debut-across-all-four-walt-disney-world-theme-parks-300254607.html
SOURCE Walt Disney World Resort