OAKLAND, Calif., June 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- VSCO, a leading community for expression, announced today the release of a newly redesigned mobile app for iOS and Android. In what will be the first of many updates to the company's widely used app, the new VSCO features a simpler redesigned navigation and improved functionality, putting equal focus on both the create and discover features within VSCO.
"We're excited to lay the foundation for what a new VSCO experience will look like," said Joel Flory, VSCO cofounder and CEO. "VSCO is a place for people to create, discover and connect and this redesign better enables our community members to do just that."
First launched in 2012, VSCO's mobile app quickly became known for its superior image editing technology. The company later introduced a social component to the app that enabled users to create profiles and follow each other as well as share and explore content on VSCO. The introduction of VSCO's unique social platform has helped it become one of the most downloaded photography apps to date with a rapidly growing active userbase.
The app redesign supports a cohesive experience between both creation and discovery, enabling users to navigate effortlessly between a space to edit and publish content and a space to consume VSCO original content and see updates from people they follow on VSCO. Key app features include:
- New in app navigation – featuring gesture-based UI that allows for quick navigation between your personal space and a feed with updates from the people you follow and VSCO Original content
- Redesigned personal space – create, edit and publish images and journal posts to your profile
- Enhanced following features including "Find My Friends"
- Improved image capture and search
- Full integration of VSCO rebranded icons and visual language
- Improved app speed and functionality
VSCO is a community for expression that empowers people everywhere to create, discover, and connect. Founded in 2011, VSCO is based in Oakland, CA with an office in New York, NY. VSCO is parent company to Denverbased printing outpost, Artifact Uprising. For more information and to sign up for VSCO, visit vsco.co.
p / 510.301.0739
e / email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vsco-releases-redesigned-mobile-app-300282532.html