SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global watermelon seeds market size is expected to be valued at USD 751 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is estimated to witness a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period. Rising cases of obesity and related health problems including coronary heart disease due to unhealthy eating habits and sedentary lifestyle will boost the product demand. Increasing demand for organic, gluten-free, and non-GMO food products is also expected to fuel the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The raw product type segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018 and will expand further at a steady CAGR as raw seeds have high nutritional value and wide application in the food industry
- Moreover, many food manufacturers are using raw watermelon seed flour as a fat substitute, which will drive the segment further
- Offline distribution channel accounted for more than 75% share of the global watermelon seeds market in 2018. Availability of a variety of products from different brands at discounted prices will drive the segment
- In addition, rising number of organized retailing outlets including hypermarkets, supermarkets, etc. is expected to boost the product sales through offline channels
- North America is expected to lead the market over the forecast period owing to rising vegan population and presence of several key companies in the region
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Watermelon Seeds Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report, By Type (Raw, Roasted, Dried), By Distribution Channel (Offline, Online), By Region (Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/watermelon-seeds-market
Watermelon seeds have low calorie and fat content and are a rich source of proteins; thus, are used in a number of seed-based food products, which is likely to augment the product demand. Based on distribution channel, the market has been segmented into offline and online. The online distribution channel is projected to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 6.6% over the forecasted period. Growing popularity of e-commerce platforms like Amazon is the key factor driving the segment.
Rising number of internet and smartphone users across the globe will also have a positive impact on the segment growth. Asia Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing market from 2019 to 2025. Rising health consciousness, consumer disposable income, and improved standard of living are some of the key factors responsible for increased product demand in the region. In addition, rapidly expanding e-commerce sector in APAC will boost the product sales.
Grand View Research has segmented the global watermelon seeds market on the basis of type, distribution channel, and region:
- Watermelon Seed Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Watermelon Seed Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Watermelon Seed Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Consumer F&B Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Meal Replacement Products Market– High prevalence of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases among others is expected to propel consumer awareness regarding weight loss and weight management diets, which in turn, will drive the demand.
- Caramel Ingredients Market – The market is mainly driven by a booming convenience food industry, rise in disposable income of consumers, and widespread urbanization, especially in developing economies.
- Ready Meals Market – Growing demand for minimally processed and additive-free food products with extended shelf life is expected to fuel the market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.