SAN FRANCISCO, May 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global wearable sensors market size is anticipated to reach USD 2.86 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a phenomenal CAGR of 38.8% during the forecast period. Wearable sensors are a vital aspect of wearable devices owing to growing focus on health and fitness monitoring activities. Wearable sensors are emerging as a revolution in monitoring healthcare and fitness parameters and reducing overall hospital cost for patients.
Wearable sensors are expected to gain traction over the forecast period. The application of these sensors in fitness bands is estimated to hold largest market share in 2016. However, the smart watch segment is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the segment is accredited to its capabilities in monitoring and rendering a comprehensive analysis of user activities. As technology advances, end users such as Apple, Samsung, and Fossil are focusing on providing game-changing products, which is a key determinant driving the popularity of wearable sensors.
The consumer segment is expected to remain dominant with fitness tracking emerging as a key trend among users in the recent past. Increase in demand for wearable sensors for remote monitoring of health and fitness through motion sensing technologies and data analysis techniques is anticipated to be a major factor driving segment growth. The healthcare vertical is anticipated to grow at a healthy CAGR over the forecast period, fueled by technological developments in remote monitoring.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Wearable Sensors Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Sensor Type, By Device (Smart Watch, Fitness Band, Smart Glasses, Smart Fabric), By Vertical, By Region, And Segment Forecast, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-wearable-sensor-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global wearable sensors market accounted for USD 149.3 million in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 38.8% from 2017 to 2025
- The smart watch segment is anticipated to reach USD 1,083.3 million by 2025 and is expected grow at a high rate over the forecast period
- The fitness band segment dominated the market in 2016, with an estimated USD 48.5 million
- The consumer vertical emerged as the largest segment and is estimated to generate revenue over USD 1,253.5 million by 2025
- Demand for wearable sensors in defense is anticipated to witness moderate growth over the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region over the forecast period. Numerous enterprises and several new players within China and Japan have been investing in advanced sensor manufacturing. The regional market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 41.0% over the forecast period
- Key players in the wearable sensors market include Robert Bosh GmbH, STMicroelectronics N.V., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Texas Instruments, and Knowles Electronics, LLC.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- ERP Software Market - The global ERP software market size was valued at USD 27,648.0 million in 2014. Need for efficiency and transparency in organizations is expected to propel demand over the forecast period.
- Online Movie Ticketing Services Market - The online movie ticketing services market size was estimated at USD 13.98 billion in 2014. High internet penetration, digital media and rigorous promotion and advertising of films are expected to drive industry demand.
- Electronic Display Market - The global electronic display market size was valued at USD 313.5 billion in 2014. Technological advancements, expansion of consumer electronics industry and increasing applications across different end-use segments are expected to drive the global market growth.
- Workforce Analytics Market - The global workforce analytics market size was valued at USD 430.9 million in 2015. The growing demand to enhance the productivity and curb the operational cost is expected to aggravate the demand for workforce analytics software platform across various industries.
Grand View Research has segmented the global wearable sensors market on the basis of sensor type, device, vertical, and region:
- Wearable Sensor Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Force & pressure
- Inertial sensor
- Medical based sensors
- Wearable Sensors Device Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Smart Watch
- Fitness band
- Smart glasses
- Smart fabric
- Smart footwear
- Other wearable
- Wearable Sensors Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Wearable Sensors Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.