DALLAS, May 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Research from Parks Associates shows roughly 40% of consumers in the market for a smart home device consider interoperability with either Amazon Echo or Google Home to be important. The IoT research firm will host CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference on May 22-24 in San Francisco, which features interactive panel sessions discussing the security, interoperability, and support innovations that are improving the user experience in the smart home and driving broader consumer adoption.
"Many consumers expect the devices they are buying will work together," said Patrice Samuels, Sr. Research Analyst, Parks Associates. "When shopping for a smart home device, consumers prioritize device interoperability over specific brand ecosystems—74% of consumers find it important to consider a smart home product brand that will work with other products in their home. Amazon and Google products are very popular, so consumers naturally prioritize products that work with these devices."
Samuels will moderate the session "Tech Support & Privacy: Creating Consumer Confidence" at 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday, May 23. The panel will examine the impact of smart home and IoT adoption on the support needs of consumers and households.
Joining Samuels are:
- Colin Barceloux, CEO, Axius
- Jon Clay, Director, Global Threat Communications, Trend Micro
- J.B. Fowler, Chief Product Officer, DOMOTZ
- Ted Haeger, VP of Training & Support, Control4
Brad Russell, Director, Connected Home, Parks Associates, will moderate the session "Seamless Experiences: Interoperability and User Interfaces," which will look at the efforts to build a seamless experience that crosses brands, platforms, and ecosystems, invisible to the end user.
- Kent Dickson, Co-Founder and CEO, Yonomi
- David McCall, Senior Strategic Planner - Smart Home Group, Intel Corporation; Chair - Strategy Work Group, Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF)
- Daniel Moneta, CMO & EVP Corporate Development, MMB Networks
- Dhruveshkumar Patel, CTO, VOLANSYS Technologies
On Thursday, May 24, Russell will moderate the session "Security and Data Analytics: Protecting the Connected Consumer" at 10:30 a.m. The interactive panel will examine the innovations that are improving the security experience for smart home consumers.
Joining Russell are:
- Asaf Ashkenazi, Vice President for Internet of the Things Security Products, Rambus
- Marcio Avillez, SVP Networks, CUJO AI
- Rich Bira, Managing Director, USA, Fibaro
- Timo Laaksonen, President, F-Secure Americas, F-Secure
- Duane Paulson, VP - Strategic Partnerships, Fing
The 2018 CONNECTIONS™ Conference will host more than 650 high-level executives in an intimate networking environment. The event includes a mix of market research, analysis, and industry insight designed to capture the complexity and opportunities in these interconnected markets.
Parks Associates' 22nd-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 22-24, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in San Francisco. CONNECTIONS™ is the premier connected home event hosting more than 600 executives from the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries. Throughout the event, sponsors offer tabletop demos during networking events, spotlighting new technology innovations and services for the entertainment, mobile, and smart home market segments. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 972-490-1113, visit www.connectionsconference.com.
SOURCE Parks Associates