SOMERSET, N.J., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Philips, the world leader in lighting and LED innovation, has been recognized by the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)'s 2013 Progress Committee for 14 innovative lighting solutions which have been introduced over the past year. Included in this year's report are Philips hue, the company's revolutionary new connected lighting system and the EvoKit, which can turn a traditional 2x4 fluorescent troffher into an LED system in under 5 minutes. Moreover, the company was recognized for innovative technologies such as SpaceWise, which brings intelligence to luminaires, and Optifuse, which provides channel optics that can increase lumen output at the system level.
"Being recognized by a prestigious industry association like the IES validates our commitment to LED innovation and traditional technologies that can provide energy savings and, in both cases, the best possible light quality for diverse applications," said Arif Quraishi, vice president of Philips Lighting Americas. "From LED lamps that can mimic an incandescent's warm dimming, to digitized systems for the home or office, to systems that can be installed in under 5 minutes, we are providing LED solutions that are easy to adopt and offer superior light quality and energy savings."
Philips products in this year's report include:
- Calculite Evolution 3" LED – The latest LED downlight from Philips Lightolier delivers efficacies of over 75lm/W.
- BoldPlay – LED luminaire that allows row spacing to be pushed to 20'o.c., with energy densities as low as 0.45W/ft2, delivering 106 lm/W and maintaining optimal light levels for ceiling and work plane uniformity.
- DuaLED with SpaceWise Technology – Recessed LED luminaire achieving lighting power densities of 0.5 to 0.85 Watts per square foot. Integrated SpaceWise Technology provides intelligence and dimming capabilities tuned to specific applications for deeper energy savings.
- Philips hue – the world's smartest LED lighting system which can be managed from your smart device.
- LightFlood LED –Designed for use with radius, basic and advent track in retail and residential applications, LightFlood offers a 0-90 degree vertical adjustment.
- MasterColor CDM Evolution T4 and T6 Lamps – Producing up to 112 lumens per watt, these lamps rival incandescent technologies with a CRI of 90+, while providing 40 percent energy savings.
- DimTone BR30 Dimmable LED Lamp – Philips DimTone technology allows LED lamps to go from a white light (2700K) to a warm white light (2200K), mimicking the warmth of an incandescent with smooth dimming down to 10% of full light levels.
- EvoKit LED Retrofit – Replacing 2x4 fluorescent luminaires, the EvoKit can be installed in under 5 minutes and uses less than 45 watts of power while offering a CRI of 80+.
- LED T8 System with Optifuse Technology – Featuring 104 lumens per watt at the system level and producing over 2500 lumens per lamp, this LED system provides a 35 percent energy savings over traditional technology.
- Captivation Load Controller – A circuit phase dimming control that allows field setting of reverse or phase dimming and integrates with most dimmers.
- 54 Watt Xitanium LED Driver – Programmable LED Drivers that are a one-stop solution for the varying power needs of industrial high bay, highway, urban street, as well as area and flood lighting applications.
- 24 and 39 Watt T5HO Mark 10 Dimmable Ballasts – Designed for 24W and 39W T5HO lamps, these ballasts meet the growing demand for dimmable T5HO luminaires which help lower energy consumption and meet energy codes and legislative initiatives.
For more information on these or other Philips Lighting innovations, please visit http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/
About Royal Philips:
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2012 sales of EUR 24.8 billion and employs approximately 115,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Royal Philips