NEW YORK, April 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM will provide listeners nationwide with comprehensive coverage of the 2016 NFL Draft, with live coverage of every selection from every round, as well as four days of special programming – across several channels – live from Chicago.
From the first round on Thursday, April 28, through the final round on Saturday, April 30, SiriusXM NFL Radio (channel 88) will broadcast live from the 2016 NFL Draft as it happens at Chicago's Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University (coverage airs Thursday and Friday from 6:00 pm – midnight ET; Saturday from noon – 7:00 pm ET). Listeners will hear the live announcements of all 32 teams' selections through all seven rounds, as well as interviews with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and dozens of draftees, general managers and coaches.
SiriusXM NFL Radio's on-site broadcast team in the Auditorium Theatre will feature:
- Gil Brandt, former longtime player personnel executive for the Dallas Cowboys
- Pat Kirwan, former NFL scout, coach and front-office executive
- Jim Miller, former veteran NFL quarterback
- Phil Savage, former college coach and NFL general manager
- Jason Horowitz, lead host for SiriusXM's Draft coverage
From Wednesday, April 27 through Saturday, April 30, SiriusXM will supplement its NFL Draft coverage with several special programs originating live from Chicago:
- Chicago native Jenny McCarthy will host her SiriusXM show, Dirty, Sexy, Funny with Jenny McCarthy from Draft-Town in Grant Park on Thursday (5:00 to 7:00 pm ET; the show will air on SiriusXM Stars, channel 109, on Friday, April 29 at 10:00 am ET). Jim Miller, who played quarterback for the Bears from 1998 through 2002, will join McCarthy on the show.
- On Wednesday, Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan will broadcast from NFL Play 60 in Grant Park (11:00 am – 1:00 pm ET on SiriusXM NFL Radio). Later that night, Gil Brandt and Alex Marvez will host live (8:00 – 11:00 pm ET on SiriusXM NFL Radio) from the NFL Draft Eve Party. Both broadcasts will feature interviews with NFL legends, current players and prospects in attendance.
- On Thursday and Friday, Miller and Kirwan will host their daily SiriusXM NFL Radio show, Movin' the Chains, from Grant Park starting at 3:00 pm ET and leading into each day's Draft coverage.
- On Saturday former Tennessee Titans lineman Brad Hopkins, who was that franchise's first round pick in 1993, and Alex Marvez will host a special NFL Draft-focused show live from Grant Park (2:00 to 4:00 pm ET on Mad Dog Sports Radio, channel 82).
- SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (XM channel 87 and Sirius channel 210) will also be in Chicago, broadcasting live from Grant Park all three days of the Draft. The channel's coverage will air Thursday (8:00 pm to midnight ET), Friday (7:00 to 11:00 pm ET) and Saturday (noon to 7:00 pm ET) featuring pick by pick analysis from a fantasy football perspective. Hosts John Hansen, Jeff Mans, Mike Dempsey, Bob Harris, Pilar Lastra, Brandon Marianne Lee and Jeff Ratcliffe will all be part of the coverage, airing live in front of the fans at Draft-Town.
As the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, SiriusXM airs live play-by-play of every NFL game from the pre-season through the Super Bowl. All NFL games are available to SiriusXM subscribers on their satellite radios. Those subscribers with the SiriusXM All Access package – which includes satellite radio and internet listening – also get authenticated access to every NFL game via the SiriusXM app and at SiriusXM.com.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world's largest radio company measured by revenue and has more than 30 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and offers commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment, and a wide-range of Latin music, sports and talk programming. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company in the U.S. and on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM radios and accessories are available from retailers nationwide and online at SiriusXM. SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers through SiriusXM Traffic™, SiriusXM Travel Link, NavTraffic®, NavWeather™. SiriusXM delivers weather, data and information services to aircraft and boats through SiriusXM Aviation, SiriusXM Marine™, Sirius Marine Weather, XMWX Aviation™, XMWX Weather, and XMWX Marine™. In addition, SiriusXM Music for Business provides commercial-free music to a variety of businesses. SiriusXM holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has approximately 2.7 million subscribers. SiriusXM is also a leading provider of connected vehicles services to major automakers, giving customers access to a suite of safety, security, and convenience services including automatic crash notification, stolen vehicle recovery assistance, enhanced roadside assistance and turn-by-turn navigation.
To download SiriusXM logos and artwork, visit http://www.siriusxm.com/LogosAndPhotos.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results and the timing of events may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our substantial competition, which is likely to increase over time; our ability to attract and retain subscribers, which is uncertain; consumer protection laws and their enforcement; the unfavorable outcome of pending or future litigation; the market for music rights, which is changing and subject to uncertainties; our dependence upon the auto industry; general economic conditions; the security of the personal information about our customers; existing or future government laws and regulations could harm our business; failure of our satellites would significantly damage our business; the interruption or failure of our information technology and communications systems; our failure to realize benefits of acquisitions or other strategic initiatives; rapid technological and industry changes; failure of third parties to perform; harmful interference to our service from new and existing wireless operations; our failure to comply with FCC requirements; modifications to our business plan; our indebtedness; our principal stockholder has significant influence over our affairs and over actions requiring stockholder approval and its interests may differ from interests of other holders of our common stock; and impairment of our business by third-party intellectual property rights. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2016-nfl-draft-airs-live-on-siriusxm-300256693.html
SOURCE Sirius XM Holdings Inc.