SAN DIEGO, Oct. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- (CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS™ 2011 Booth #707) -- 3LM, a subsidiary of Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. and a provider of enterprise-grade security, management and remote access for Android operating system (OS)-enabled mobile devices across Android handset manufacturers, announced today its solution to give security-conscious IT departments the required Android support and data protection needed to mobilize their business.
Addressing enterprise needs for enhanced security and device management, 3LM has collaborated with major handset manufacturers to enable their Android OS-based devices to be enterprise-ready, giving IT enhanced protection and management of the device itself as well as any application installed therein. This enhanced functionality can now be activated by IT administrators through an enterprise server console that is available as part of a complete end-to-end mobile device management platform that 3LM is launching this week.
"We're introducing a new generation of corporate mobile security and management capabilities to the Android landscape– delivering a unique architecture that enables even the most security-conscious IT administrators to empower users to bring their Android devices into the workplace and have these devices access and manipulate corporate data," said Tom Moss, CEO, 3LM. "We believe this is a bold opportunity for the enterprise market – as the Android operating system continues to outpace the growth of other operating systems – providing a win-win for IT and corporate end-users, protecting the integrity of corporate data while also preserving user's freedom to use their Android OS-based devices to their fullest potential."
By harnessing the power of 3LM solutions built-in at the Android OS level, 3LM provides IT with the following options to help remotely manage and secure data both on the device locally and while in transit to the enterprise:
1. Enhanced Android Device Security
- Device encryption including full memory and SD card encryption as well as selective encryption of corporate applications only
- Set a whitelist/blacklist of applications and control applications' access to corporate resources
- Strong password enforcement
- Full device and selective (i.e. corporate data) remote wipe
2. Optimized Device Management
- Enables enhanced security and control of device, OS, and applications
- The ability to remotely install mission-critical enterprise applications, with the option to make such applications irremovable on the device, as well as the ability to remotely uninstall/disable applications
- Device location and breadcrumb tracking
3. Secure Remote Access (VPN)
- Enables remote access to internal enterprise resources for selected domains/resources
- Provides remote device health and status checking
- Each device is identified by a unique IP address, and can be tracked as a network endpoint
The 3LM solution will be generally available in October 2011. 3LM enterprise customer trials spanning multiple vertical markets including government, healthcare, retail and education began in 1H2011.
The 3LM solution will be demonstrated at the CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS™ 2011, being held October 11-13, 2011 at the San Diego Convention Center at booth #707; San Diego, Calif., and at the Gartner Symposium ITxpo 2011 being held October 16-20, 2011, at Walt Disney World resorts at booth #507A; Orlando, Fla.
3LM is the only company providing enterprise-grade security, management and remote access for Android-based mobile devices across multiple Android handset manufacturers, giving security-conscious IT departments the required Android support and data protection needed to mobilize their business. The Company is a wholly-owned but independently managed subsidiary of Motorola Mobility and is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. For more information, visit: www.3LM.com or follow the Company on Twitter at: @3LM_News.
3LM and the 3LM logo are trademarks of Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
3LM Media Contact:
PR for 3LM