MENLO PARK, Calif., Jan. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Salaries in the technology and creative fields are expected to continue their upward trend in 2015, according to the 2015 Salary Guides from staffing specialists Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. Companies are making larger investments in digital initiatives, turning to big data for decision making, and using innovative interactive advertising campaigns to attract new customers. The result: high-paying career opportunities for professionals with expertise in these hot areas.
"Businesses are investing more dollars in mobile and big data initiatives, and they need skilled technology and creative professionals to support these efforts," said John Reed, senior executive director of Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. "Recruiting for digital skills, however, continues to be a challenge as demand exceeds supply. When firms identify promising candidates, they need to hire quickly and be prepared to extend compensation and benefits packages that beat what competing firms are willing to offer."
The following six potentially high-paying jobs are expected to see the most substantial increases in average starting salary in 2015, according to the Robert Half Salary Guides*:
- Mobile applications developer: The need for skilled professionals who can develop applications for tablets and smartphones will only intensify as companies keep pace with the growing mobile market. Similar to 2014, experienced mobile applications developers can expect to see the largest increase (10.2 percent) in starting compensation of any tech position listed in the Salary Guide, earning between $107,500 and $161,500, on average.
- Big data engineer: As organizations of all types launch or advance big data initiatives, many will look to hire experienced engineers who can communicate with business users and data scientists, and translate business objectives into data processing workflows. Big data engineers can anticipate a 9.3 percent boost in starting pay in 2015, with average salaries ranging from $119,250 to $168,250.
- Wireless network engineer: Professionals who can effectively research, design, implement and optimize wireless networks will be in high demand as more internal infrastructure projects are launched to support the rising use of mobile devices and wireless technologies. Wireless network engineers can expect a 9.1 percent bump in base compensation this year, with average starting salaries between $99,000 and $137,500.
- User experience (UX) director: A compelling and satisfying user experience is vital to the success of any web or mobile initiative. Organizations need creative leadership to ensure the user experience across web and mobile properties is consistent and aligns with business strategy and brand identity. Experienced UX directors can anticipate average starting salaries between $110,500 and $178,000, up 6.8 percent from 2014.
- Interactive creative director: To execute successful interactive marketing and advertising campaigns, companies need creative leaders who are adept at coordinating the efforts of designers, writers and art directors into one cohesive vision. Skilled interactive creative directors can expect average starting salaries to increase 5.7 percent in 2015, to the range of $100,500 to $180,250.
- Web designer (5+ years of experience): Organizations need experienced web designers to ensure their Internet and intranet sites, and digital communications -- such as emails, online ads and social media sites -- accurately reflect the goals, objectives and identity of the business. Web designers with five or more years of experience can expect to earn between $80,000 and $112,500, on average, a gain of 4.8 percent over last year.
More information about these and other potentially high-paying career opportunities can be found in the Robert Half Technology 2015 Salary Guide, which includes a wide range of information technology job descriptions, and The Creative Group 2015 Salary Guide, which focuses on interactive, design and marketing jobs.
Both Robert Half Technology (rht.com) and The Creative Group (creativegroup.com) are divisions of Robert Half, the world's first and largest specialized staffing firm and a recognized leader in professional staffing services.
*All salaries listed are U.S. national averages based on data published in the 2015 Salary Guides from Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. Actual projected salary ranges may vary depending on location.
SOURCE Robert Half Technology; The Creative Group