NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Curating the next generation of innovative food and beverage companies poised for high growth, today AccelFoods announces six new additions to its fast growing portfolio. These companies are the first to be backed by AccelFoods' newly launched second Fund. The companies will receive hands-on, day-to-day support from the AccelFoods operating team; mentorship from industry experts; and value added support from strategic partners over the course of an intensive eight month program.
AccelFoods is known for investing in some of the most disruptive and innovative products on the market. From edible insects to jicama to superfood mushrooms and more, AccelFoods takes pride in identifying, investing in and partnering with the next generation of high-growth food and beverage products.
Celebrity Chef and AccelFoods Advisor Tom Colicchio, commenting on AccelFoods' newest class, stated, "Curating the next generation of emerging packaged food and beverage brands alongside AccelFoods has opened my eyes to the incredible innovation coming into the space. Class IV represents a number of areas we are exploring in our restaurants, from ethnic flavors and gluten free offerings to cold brew coffee and protein snacks. The newest AccelFoods products don't just represent innovation, they represent good food."
Class IV showcases AccelFoods' next generation of portfolio companies backed by their best-in-class resources and partnerships. The newest additions to the portfolio include:
- Crunchsters: Boulder, CO based Crunchsters offers a unique new savory snack made from sprouted mung beans that packs a nutritional punch of protein, fiber, and minerals, while deliciously satisfying cravings for salty snacking indulgence. http://www.crunchsters.com/
- il Morso: Treasure Island, CA based il Morso crafts coffee without the cup. A delicious mouth melting coffee experience that delivers a caffeine lift anytime, anywhere. il Morso is Organic, Fair Trade, and Non-GMO. http://ilmorso.com/
- Nona Lim: Oakland, CA based Nona Lim brings consumers an innovative and growing line of all-natural soups, bone broths, ramen noodles and gluten-free rice noodles rooted in the belief that clean, simple cooking yields the best flavor and nutrition. https://nonalim.com/
- Purely Pinole: Santa Monica, CA based Native State Foods is the first company to introduce pinole, an ancient Aztec powerfood, to the U.S. under the brand Purely Pinole. This gluten-free, non-GMO hot cereal is a high fiber, high protein, nutrient dense offering that is rich in antioxidants. http://nativestatefoods.com/
- Tea Drops: Northern California based Tea Drops manufactures certified USDA Organic, bagless, pressed teas that dissolve in hot water. Crafted in whimsical shapes with finely sourced tea and spices, Tea Drops are a delicious, simple, and sustainable way to instantly enjoy tea. http://www.myteadrop.com/
- Wandering Bear: New York, New York based Wandering Bear Coffee is disrupting home and office coffee options by putting uniquely bold, smooth, ready-to-drink cold brew iced coffee on tap in any refrigerator. http://www.wanderingbearcoffee.com/
"AccelFoods is proud to continue investing in founders and companies that represent our core values of professionalism, quality and disruption," says AccelFoods Co-Founder and Managing Partner Jordan Gaspar.
AccelFoods Co-Founder and Managing Partner Lauren Jupiter added, "Class IV represents true innovation in the food and beverage space. These companies are primed for growth and we are excited to apply AccelFoods' proprietary suite of resources to these companies as they look to grow big."
AccelFoods invests in the most innovative, cutting-edge, high growth, early-stage brands in the packaged food and beverage space, partnering with founders representing the highest standards of professionalism, quality, and disruption to help them realize their visions. To learn more please visit: http://www.accelfoods.com.