GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Jan. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The University of Pennsylvania's Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) released its 2016 Global Go-To Think Tanks Report. This is the 10th Anniversary of the report. Acton Institute and its Argentine subsidiary, Instituto Acton, both appear in the report.
Highlights from the 2016 University of Pennsylvania report:
- Acton Institute is 11th (out of 100) in the Top Social Policy Think Tanks ranking (9th in 2015).
- Acton Institute is 29th (out of 90) in the Top Think Tanks in the United States (29th in 2015).
- In Top Think Tanks Worldwide, Acton ranks 156th (out of 175) (155th in 2015).
- 8th (out of 90) in Best Advocacy Campaign (10th in 2015) for PovertyCure.
- 24th (out of 65) in Best Think Tank Conference (17th in 2015) for Acton University.
- Instituto Acton was ranked 138th (out of 148) Best Independent Think Tanks (100th in 2015)
The Think Tank & Civil Societies Program has a rigorous ranking criteria which includes: the "quality and commitment of the think tank's leadership;" the "quality, number, and reach of its publications;" the think tank's "reputation with policymakers;" its "media reputation;" its "ability to produce new knowledge;" "financial stewardship;" and the organization's "impact on society."
Read the full report here.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/acton-institute-makes-strong-showing-in-annual-think-tank-rankings-300398212.html
SOURCE Acton Institute