BOSTON, April 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Addario's Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electrical, a leading home service company serving Middlesex County since 1998, has offered these tips for homeowners to improve their indoor air quality and relieve allergy symptoms this spring season.
As temperatures rise, Massachusetts families and residents welcome the warm spring air into their routines and their homes. While the spring air feels refreshing after winter, it can also cause trigger allergies. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), your exposure to air pollutants can be up to 100 times higher indoors than outside.
"Seasonal allergies are a result of the introduction of new pollen and allergens into the air, as well as the leftover dust and other irritants left in air duct systems from previous seasons," said Steven Addario, owner of Addario's Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electrical. "Our simple steps for air purification help eliminate pet dander and other allergens from your air filters and in your duct system. We hope to give Middlesex County residents that fresh spring feeling in their homes without the allergies."
The service experts at Addario's offer Massachusetts homeowners these tips to improve indoor air quality and fight off spring allergies:
- Weekly wipe down – One way to limit the allergens in a home is cleaning the home's hard surfaces (tables, counters, shelves, floors) with a damp cloth weekly. Using a vacuum with a HEPA filter will also help improve the home's air quality.
- Open the windows – Introducing new air into your home pushes the "old" air out. With the help of a fully functioning duct system, the dander and irritants that make their way into your home quickly get filtered out.
- Use your air conditioner – Before the temperature and pollen count starts to rise, have your AC unit checked by a licensed professional. Not only will this ensure everything is working properly following the fall and winter season, but it will also ensure your filters are cleaning your home's air.
- Replace air filters – Changing air filters regularly is a quick task and is an inexpensive way to help improve your indoor air quality. When you're using your heat or air conditioning system frequently, the professionals at Addario's suggest changing your filters once a month to keep air flowing well and limit allergens.
- Evaluate your air purification system – If you try the above tips and allergies and asthma symptoms still cause issues, a whole-home air purification system can relieve some symptoms. These systems are incorporated into a home's HVAC unit and virtually eliminate the allergens and toxins in the home.
Trusted professional service technicians such as the experts at Addario's can help Boston-area residents who suffer from seasonal allergies by assessing the air quality of their home.
For more information about indoor air quality and air duct cleaning, please visit www.addarios.com.
About Addario's Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electrical
Addario's offers a wide array of services in the areas of heating and cooling, plumbing, drain cleaning, and electrical solutions, including 24-hour emergency assistance for more than 30,000 commercial and residential customers in the Massachusetts market. In addition, has expanded services for turnkey bathroom remodels and more. Family-owned and operated, Addario's was established by Steven Addario, Jr., in 1998. The company is recognized as the leading trusted choice as it is built upon customer satisfaction, reliability, safety, and ethical business practices. To learn more, visit www.addarios.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/addarios-helps-massachusetts-residents-fight-allergy-season-300254284.html