SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest college rankings list, featuring 20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Accounting.
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) Western International University (Tempe, Arizona); (2) National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota); (3) Cleary University (Howell, Michigan). The complete list of all 20 ranked U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* American Public University System (Charles Town, West Virginia)
* Bellevue University (Bellevue, Nebraska)
* Brescia University (Owensboro, Kentucky)
* Cleary University (Howell, Michigan)
* Columbia College (Columbia, Missouri)
* Dickinson State University (Dickinson, North Dakota)
* Georgia Southwestern State University (Americus, Georgia)
* Indiana State University (Terre Haute, Indiana)
* Metropolitan State University of Denver (Denver, Colorado)
* Morehead State University (Morehead, Kentucky)
* National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota)
* Northwestern Oklahoma State University (Alva, Oklahoma)
* Northwestern State University of Louisiana (Natchitoches, Louisiana)
* Peirce College (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
* University of Maine at Augusta (Augusta, Maine)
* University of Maryland-University College (Adelphi, Maryland)
* University of Memphis (Memphis, Tennessee)
* University of West Alabama (Livingston, Alabama)
* Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, Utah)
* Western International University (Tempe, Arizona)
"For students with a combined interest in numbers and business, a career in accounting may be of interest," said Raj Dash, the article's lead researcher. "While Bureau of Labor Statistics figures show expected job growth figures for accounting-related occupations to be around or a little higher than the national average at 11% (for the period 2014-2024), it is a very important profession.
"Every business will need an accountant at some point, for keeping a general ledger, tax filing, managing payroll, tax law compliance, budgeting and more. Those not at that stage at least need to follow accounting processes. Private citizens also require accounting services during income tax filing season. Even the Renaissance-era Italian artist/ scientist/ architect and all-around polymath Leonardo da Vinci is said to have kept meticulous notebooks full of his life details, including an account of every cent owed to him.
"For students interested in an accounting-related career, a bachelor's degree in accounting is a good place to start. In this college rankings article, we list 20 colleges offering the most affordable baccalaureate options for accounting that are offered as online degrees. The article includes a partial list of accounting-related occupations/ sectors/ organizations, as well as our standard set of basic statistical analysis and summaries of the 20 ranked colleges - including a per-college stats dashboard."
Rankings for this list were compiled with data from NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We first queried for institutions that grant bachelor's degrees in Accounting on a distance education basis, then applied our standard data filters, sorted by increasing average annual net price, and manually selected the 20 most affordable colleges with active online degree programs (BA, BS, BBA, etc.) in accounting. Similar topical rankings will be published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- an independent college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-affordability-ranking-of-online-bachelors-accounting-degrees-300284471.html