Aircell Rebrands High Speed Internet Service as Gogo Biz™ in Business Aviation Market Company Also Debuts New Value-add Inflight Internet Programs for Companies that Operate Business Aircraft
BROOMFIELD, Colo., Aug. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Aircell, the world's leading provider of inflight connectivity, today announced that the company's air-to-ground high-speed Internet service for the business aviation market – formerly known as Aircell High Speed Internet – has been rebranded as Gogo Biz™ Inflight Internet.
The move will more closely align the company's service in its two primary markets – business aviation and commercial airlines. The increased brand familiarity and new value-add programs will make it easier for travelers to enjoy the productivity-enhancing benefits of inflight Internet, regardless of the type of aircraft they're aboard. An overview follows of the services available in each market.
- Gogo Biz™ – Inflight Internet for Business Aviation. Gogo Biz is the only solution in business aviation that provides a true high speed Internet experience with equipment that is small and light enough to fit on virtually any business aircraft. The system has seen record-breaking adoption, having been selected by major aircraft manufacturers including Cessna Aircraft Company, Dassault Falcon Jet, and Hawker Beechcraft, as well as major fractional and charter operators including Clay Lacy Aviation, Flight Options, XOJET and NetJets. Unlimited and usage-based service plans are available with monthly costs starting as low as $395.
- Gogo® – Inflight Internet for Commercial Airlines. Today, Gogo is available on nearly 1,000 airline aircraft operated by Aircell's airline partners, including American Airlines, Virgin America, Delta Air Lines, AirTran Airways, US Airways, United Airlines, Air Canada and Alaska Airlines. Millions of passengers have used the service since launch, and additional aircraft are being equipped on a daily basis.
John Wade, Aircell's Executive Vice President and General Manager, said, "The benefits of inflight Internet don't discriminate by the type of aircraft you're flying on. Immediately from the start, Aircell's air-to-ground technology developed an enthusiastic base of loyal customers in the airline and business aviation markets alike. Now by sharing a common brand in both markets, it's even easier for travelers to make that connection."
New Inflight Internet Programs for Business Aviation
As part of today's Gogo Biz announcement, Aircell is also launching three new cross-market programs for business aircraft operators. The programs provide additional convenience, value and savings to companies that utilize commercial airlines along with business aviation in meeting their overall travel requirements. Here is a summary of the three programs:
- Corporate Discount Program. If your company operates a business aircraft with Aircell connectivity services, you are eligible for company-wide discounts on Gogo Inflight Internet purchases on Gogo-equipped commercial airline aircraft.
- Aircell Black Cards. Companies that equip their business aircraft with Gogo Biz Inflight Internet service between now and December 31, 2010, are eligible to receive three exclusive Aircell Black Cards at no additional cost. Each Aircell Black Card gives one user unlimited complimentary Gogo service aboard any Gogo-equipped commercial airline aircraft.
- No-Cost Demonstrations. Companies that operate business aircraft are eligible to try Gogo service on any Gogo-equipped commercial airline aircraft, free of charge. This allows operators traveling on airline flights to experience the same type of Internet service that is available from Gogo Biz aboard their business aircraft. This program is available to anyone that operates a business aircraft, whether or not they are a current Aircell customer.
Wade continued, "We're very pleased to debut the three new crossover programs. Representing the first of their kind for our company, they provide value to corporate flight departments and personnel throughout their companies." Full program details are available from your Aircell representative or by contacting Aircell at +1.303.301.3271 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through its diverse line of airborne communications products, Aircell offers one of the business aviation industry's largest selections of network services. These services span multiple technologies, including air-to-ground, low-earth orbit satellite and geostationary satellite.
Note to Editors:
- A file of the new Gogo Biz logotype is available for immediate viewing and download here: http://www.aircell.com/sites/default/files/images/Gogo_Biz.jpg
Aircell is the world's leading provider of airborne communications and a single-source, turnkey provider of equipment, service, and technical support. With a global sales and support presence, its products are offered by virtually every fixed- and rotor-wing airframe manufacturer in business aviation, and are installed aboard the world's four largest fractional ownership fleets. As winner of an exclusive FCC frequency license in 2006, Aircell has built a revolutionary new mobile broadband network for commercial and business aviation. In 2008, the Aircell® Network and its inflight portal, known as Gogo®, revolutionized the commercial airline passenger flight experience by delivering a robust Internet experience at 35,000 feet. The Aircell Network provides airlines with connectivity to operations and a path to enhanced cabin services such as video, audio, television and more. A similar feature set is available to Business Aircraft operators. Aircell has facilities in Broomfield, Colorado, and Itasca, Illinois. Aircell's vision is to give everyone the ability to stay In Touch, In Flight®. For more information about Aircell, please visit www.aircell.com.
© 2010 Aircell. All rights reserved. Aircell, Gogo and Gogo Biz, and In Touch, In Flight are trademarks of Aircell Business Aviation Services LLC or its affiliates. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.