ALEXANDRIA, Va., June 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Alexander Street, a ProQuest company, has added streaming access to over 200 videos from A+E Networks for college and university libraries and faculty via the Academic Video Online solution. The videos come from A+E Networks' HISTORY®, the leading destination for award-winning series and specials that connect viewers with history in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner.
Academic Video Online is the most comprehensive video subscription available to libraries. It delivers more than 62,000 titles (17,000+ exclusive to Alexander Street) spanning anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more. These videos engage and educate to foster greater insights using the medium so popular with students: video.
HISTORY® original specials explore the people, places, and events that have shaped who we are today. Whether offering in-depth perspective on ancient cultures, exploring geological wonders, or analyzing history's greatest military strategies, HISTORY® award-winning content provides an informative and entertaining look into the great stories of the world around us. Some highlights include:
- How to Lose the Presidency – This series of short clips features memorable moments from presidential campaigns that did not go as planned, from Howard Dean's infamous scream to Marco Rubio's poorly timed sip of water. Clint Eastwood is invited to speak about Mitt Romney at the 2012 Republican Convention, but instead focuses on an imaginary Obama in a nearby chair. Used as lecture launchers, or for insight into campaigns, these short segments are ideal for the classroom.
- The Men Who Built America – This video series profiles the men whose outsized drive, ambition, and business savvy constructed a bold vision for a modern America. It highlights additional historical context through extended interviews, factoids, and deep-dive stories.
- 10 Things You Don't Know About – Punk rock icon Henry Rollins uncovers crazy twists behind the historical tales, figures, and places you only thought you knew. Whether he's analyzing centuries-old documents or exploring the inside of a dead gangster's speakeasy, he's on a mission to discover the information every history student needs to know.
- Engineering Disasters – Expert and eyewitness interviews, state-of-the-art graphics, and dramatic "moment of disaster" footage illustrate the teachable moments inside some of our worst catastrophes.
- The Making of Trump – Study a political odyssey 40 years in the making, with this historical look at the 45th president. This biography by A&E shows the evolution of Trump from businessman to politician, including his race for the Republican nomination, as well as his campaign against Hillary Clinton.
- 15 Septembers Later – The infamous day, September 11, 2001, is discussed through interviews with key political figures including President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Rudolph Giuliani, Michael Bloomberg, and media heavy- hitters Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, Matt Lauer and Matthew Broderick.
- Roots: A New Vision – A one hour "behind the scenes" special features the stars of Roots, as well as interviews with producers and historians. The special focuses on the quest for authenticity in the new Roots in its locations, sets, costumes, and historical detail.
Find Academic Video Online and review this new material at www.alexanderstreet.com/avon.
About Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company
Alexander Street pairs exclusive streaming video, audio, and curated full-text content with cutting-edge online tools to transform the way people research, learn, and teach in virtually every discipline. Learn more at http://alexanderstreet.com.
About ProQuest (http://www.proquest.com)
ProQuest is committed to supporting the important work happening in the world's research and learning communities. The company curates content that matters to the advancement of knowledge, assembling an archive of billions of vetted, indexed documents. It simplifies workflows so that people and institutions use time effectively. And because ProQuest connects information communities, complex networks of systems and processes work together efficiently. With ProQuest, finding answers and deriving insights is straightforward and leads to extraordinary outcomes.
ProQuest and its companies and affiliates – Ex Libris, Alexander Street, Bowker -- stand for better research, better learning, better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alexander-street-partners-with-ae-networks-300478643.html
SOURCE Alexander Street