Memorial Hermann, the largest integrated delivery network (IDN) in Texas with over 250 regional locations, is just one example of an innovative health system utilizing the Ambra development platform to customize and extend imaging data across other applications. The Ambra developer tools and APIs are helping Memorial Hermann image-enable their Allscripts, eClinicalWorks and Cerner Electronic Health Record (EHR) applications, allowing users to access imaging data natively in these solutions with Ambra serving as a universal viewer. Custom data extractions are also automated for Memorial Hermann using the Ambra development platform, allowing for detailed analytics on all aspects of their imaging data, which grows by 80-100 terabytes each year.
"The Ambra cloud development platform is a natural next step in the evolution of Ambra imaging services," said Morris Panner, CEO of Ambra Health. "Imaging doesn't live in a silo and needs to be closely coupled with other applications in the care continuum. Now, providers and other third parties can build from our best-in-class, open system, to create new solutions that provide better, more efficient patient care," he added.
Many forward-thinking partners are leveraging Ambra's cloud development platform to facilitate solutions around deep learning, diagnostic decision support, teleradiology, specialized image analysis and second opinion portals. Ambra for Developers enables partners to seamlessly incorporate Ambra's award-winning image management solutions into their application architecture faster. Some examples include:
- Diagnostic Decision Support: Elsevier's STATdx® is a diagnostic decision support system for radiologists and has collaborated with Ambra Health. STATdx provides radiologists with instant access to the collective clinical experience and knowledge of renowned sub-specialists in every field of radiology, giving them the diagnostic confidence that comes from having a repository of over 40,000 live references and 20,000 patient cases to validate against.
- Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning: There has been much talk of the potential of AI (artificial intelligence) in radiology to cut down on read times and improve accuracy. Realize Ai, image-enabled by Ambra, uses machine learning to offer a deeper and more accurate dive into imaging exams. For example, their CT Lung Nodule Detection algorithm provides a sensitivity rate of 96% at four false positives per scan.
- Teleradiology & Second Opinion: USARAD delivers personalized teleradiology services by subspecialty through Radiology On-Demand®, as well as telemedicine second opinions through SecondOpinions.com®. The Ambra platform powers the cloud PACS and RIS systems that USARAD relies on to deliver quality image interpretations plus image exchange for SecondOpinions.com. Radiologists downtime is minimized, allowing for cost effective interpretations, and rapid turnaround time for patients.
- Image Analysis & Pre-Processing: Blackford Analysis, integrated with Ambra, reduces the time spent per imaging study and report generation through rapid study analysis tools. From comparing images with priors faster and more easily, through to condition-specific context to help clinical decisions on a patient's care pathway, Blackford Workflow Server makes the process simpler. For instance, interpretation time can be reduced significantly in the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis by McDonald criteria, thanks to instantaneous navigation across priors at the same anatomical location.
- Subspecialty Network for Radiologists: Built on Ambra for Developers, READS for RADS helps radiologists deliver more accurate interpretations, drive correct care, and influence positive clinical outcomes. Through its online community of academic radiologists with advanced subspecialty expertise, READS for RADS gives radiologists, imaging providers and patients a choice—and a voice—in listing, discovering and reading complex clinical cases.
The complete list of companies highlighted in the Ambra Solution Directory at launch include: Blackford Analysis, DiaCardio, Elsevier, Health Companion, MR Innovations, Olea Medical, Precision Image Analysis, Predible, READS for RADS, Realize, SemanticMD, TOMTEC, USARAD Holdings and Virtual Scalpel.
The launch of Ambra for Developers and the Ambra Solution Directory are part of the company's continued rapid product development and accelerated growth. Ambra Health was recently named the leader for medical image exchange solutions by KLAS for the third year in a row. More than 750 healthcare providers share images using the Ambra network today, resulting in over 750,000 user logins per month from across more than 50 countries worldwide, an astounding growth of 500% year-over-year.
To learn more about Ambra for Developers, the Ambra Solution Directory and partnership opportunities, visit booth #3630 at the HIMSS Conference or online at: ambrahealth.com/platform.
About Ambra Health
Ambra Health is a medical data and image management SaaS company. Intuitive, flexible, scalable and highly interoperable, the Ambra cloud platform is designed to serve as the backbone of imaging innovation and progress for healthcare providers. It empowers some of the largest health systems such as Memorial Hermann, Stanford Children's Health and New England Baptist Hospital as well as radiology practices, subspecialty practices and clinical research organizations to dramatically improve imaging and collaborative care workflows. As expert partners, we listen to our customers, understand their needs, and apply our extensive knowledge to deliver innovative medical image management solutions for the future of healthcare, now. Discover what the Ambra medical imaging cloud can do for you at www.ambrahealth.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ambra-health-launches-first-cloud-development-platform-for-medical-imaging-300410028.html
SOURCE Ambra Health