American Airlines and Japan National Tourism Organization Offer Tips for Making the Most of Travel to Japan
American Also Promotes AAdvantage Deals and AAVacations Special Offers for Customers
FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- American Airlines and fellow oneworld® alliance member Japan Airlines (JAL) currently offer convenient travel options to Japan from New York, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Beginning in spring 2012, service from Boston to Tokyo will also be available.
In addition, American Airlines is expanding the benefits of its agreement with JAL by offering customers opportunities to earn and redeem AAdvantage miles when flying on JAL from North America to Tokyo and beyond. (Details below).
To remind customers of how accessible Japan is and everything the country has to offer, American Airlines has teamed up with the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) to share travel tips and highlight deals for travelers visiting Japan this fall and winter.
Preparing for travel to Japan:
- Customers can visit AA.com/Tokyo to find dining, shopping, events and attractions information – courtesy of Frommer's Unlimited – or explore the new "Travel Tips" tab on American's Facebook page at Facebook.com/AA. JNTO's website, www.japantravelinfo.com, also has useful information and recommendations.
- On flights to Japan, American Airlines offers customers the option to request a traditional Japanese meal by calling 1-800-433-7300 24 hours in advance.
While in Japan
- Food enthusiasts will be excited to know that, according to the 2012 Michelin Guide, Japan has been named the country with the most restaurants that have three Michelin stars.
- Visitors who want to explore the region can take advantage of free local tours guided in English and other languages by JNTO-registered Systematized Goodwill Guides.
- Travelers can also find a surprising urban oasis in the city center at the Imperial Palace East Garden; visit the Meiji-Jingu Shinto Shrine, which offers a serene, wooded environment; enjoy a view from Mt. Takao; or try one of Japan's onsens (hot springs).
- From Feb. 6-12, the Sapporo Snow Festival attracts more than 2 million people every year, boasting hundreds of snow statues and ice sculptures (http://www.snowfes.com/english/index.html).
Travel Offers to Japan and Beyond
During the off-peak season between Oct. 1 and April 30, round-trip AAdvantage® MileSAAver® award tickets for travel in Economy Class on American Airlines between North America and Japan can be redeemed for as few as 50,000 miles. American Airlines Vacations(SM) also has several flight and hotel package deals available to destinations such as Tokyo and Osaka. Current offers require customers to book by Nov. 20 and travel by Dec. 11, 2011. Visit AAVacations.com/deals/Asia-Japan for full details. Terms and conditions apply.
AAdvantage promotions for travel on JAL are as follows:
- Earn double AAdvantage miles flying nonstop on JAL on purchased, published Business Class and selected Economy Class fares between Vancouver and Tokyo through Feb. 29, 2012. Register at AA.com/offers using bonus code JLYVR.
- Book a round-trip Business Class award for a reduced rate of 50,000 AAdvantage miles and a round-trip Economy class award for 30,000 AAdvantage miles for nonstop travel on JAL between Vancouver and Tokyo Narita through Feb. 29, 2012.
- Book a round-trip Business Class award for a reduced rate of 50,000 AAdvantage miles or a round-trip Economy class award for 30,000 AAdvantage miles for nonstop travel on JAL between San Francisco and Tokyo Haneda through Feb. 29, 2012.
- Earn double AAdvantage miles flying nonstop JAL routes between Tokyo and select destinations in Asia on purchased, published Business Class and selected Economy Class fares through Feb. 29, 2012. Register at AA.com/offers using bonus code JLSEA.
For more information about these promotions, including the terms and conditions, please visit AA.com/offers.
"We hope many travelers visit Japan and discover a Japan they didn't know before," said Yuki Tanaka – Executive Director of the Japan National Tourism Organization in New York.
"Japan is a wonderful country to visit, with rich culture and friendly people," said Cathy Berg, American's Vice President Sales – Western Division. "Whether you've been saving your AAdvantage miles for a memorable experience or are looking for vacation packages with a free night at a hotel and discounts, now is a good time to visit Japan – and American can get you there conveniently."
About American Airlines
American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier serve 260 airports in more than 50 countries and territories with, on average, more than 3,400 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning website, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members and members-elect serve more than 900 destinations with more than 10,000 daily flights to 149 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. (NYSE: AMR).
About the AAdvantage® Program
The AAdvantage program was the first frequent flyer program, and was established in 1981. This year marks the 30th anniversary of the AAdvantage program, which now has more than 67 million members worldwide. Members can earn miles at more than 1,000 participating companies, which include 27 hotel chains representing more than 60 brands, more than 20 airlines, eight car-rental companies, 11 financial companies, and over 500 brand name retailers. In addition, members can earn miles when making purchases with one of more than 100 affinity card products in over 40 countries. In 2010, AAdvantage members redeemed more than 165 billion miles to claim just fewer than 7.2 million awards for flights, upgrades and car rentals. For more information and a listing of AAdvantage program participating companies, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.
About the Japan National Tourism Organization
The Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) is an independent administrative corporation which, in cooperation with the government's Japan Tourism Agency, is dedicated to promoting and supporting inbound tourism to Japan.
The Japan National Tourism Organization maintains 13 offices around the world. Tasked with promoting Japan tourism in the United States and South America are the New York City and Los Angeles offices of JNTO. The offices of JNTO pride themselves on working closely with both international and domestic travel agencies, tour operators, airlines, vendors and other travel professionals to promote Japan as a top international travel destination.
JNTO, along with the support of the Japan Tourism Agency, assists all brands of media in the United States, Central and South America with informational support, resource gathering and media trip planning. As well, JNTO offices provide travel assistance in the form of brochures and email/phone help to anyone interesting in traveling to Japan. The Japan National Tourism Organization maintains various websites including: the JNTO American website www.japantravelinfo.com and the JNTO International website www.jnto.go.jp.
Current AMR Corp. news releases can be accessed at http://www.aa.com
SOURCE American Airlines
More by this Source
American Airlines And JetBlue Airways Discontinue Partnership
Mar 10, 2014, 07:00 ET
American Airlines Celebrates Black History Month By Paying Tribute To Iconic Black Films
Feb 05, 2014, 15:00 ET
First US Airways Aircraft Takes to the Skies in American Airlines Livery
Jan 30, 2014, 14:55 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.