PHOENIX, Oct. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The ANA (Association of National Advertisers), in partnership with leading marketing analytics firm MarketShare, presented the Marketing Analytics Leadership Award to USAA at the 2013 ANA Masters of Marketing Conference today in Phoenix, Arizona. The first-of-its-kind award was created to highlight today's important and rapid adoption of sophisticated analytics in the planning and measuring of global marketing investments.
ANA President and CEO Bob Liodice presented a $50,000 prize to USAA for outstanding leadership in applying analytics to successful marketing programs. They were selected for the following reasons:
- USAA's Applied Analytics team surged from selling nine percent of its products from marketing investments in 2008 to 29 percent in 2012.
- USAA spends a fraction of revenue on advertising compared with their industry competition.
- P&C Insurance firms spend on average two and a half percent of their revenue on advertising, however through strong analytics execution, USAA is able to drop that number to only 0.85% of their revenue for virtually the same exposure.
- The USAA team includes Roger Adams, Chief Marketing Officer; Robert Wellborn, Executive Director; John Hershberger, Vice President of Applied Analytics; William Griffith, Senior Modeling Analyst; and Daniel Mihalko, Lead Modeling Analyst.
"Applying analytical rigor to marketing decision-making is one of the core pillars of our profession," said Bob Liodice, President and CEO of ANA. "We are pleased to present this award, and acknowledge the best and brightest working hard to employ advanced measuring techniques."
"We are very excited to announce USAA as winner of the first annual Marketing Analytics Leadership Award," said Pat LaPointe, EVP at MarketShare. "We are impressed by the strategic use of analytics throughout the marketing organization and the methods used to showcase the significant impact to the bottom line. Congratulations to each of the finalists on an excellent competition."
ANA members voted for the Marketing Analytics Leadership Award winner at the ANA Masters of Marketing Conference, after a distinguished panel of industry judges selected the award finalists in early September.
The judges that participated in selecting the award winner include:
- Tom Davenport, professor at Babson College and author of "Competing on Analytics"
- Gayle Fuguitt, CEO and President, Advertising Research Foundation
- Dominique Hanssens, PhD, professor at the UCLA/Anderson School of Management, and former Executive Director of the Marketing Science Institute
- Claire Huang, CMO at JPMorgan Chase
- Jon Iwata, Senior Vice President, marketing and communications at IBM
- Rob Malcolm, former president of global marketing, sales and innovation at Diageo, and lecturer at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Becky Saeger, former CMO at Charles Schwab and former ANA Chair
- Jim Stengel, former CMO at P&G and former ANA Chair
About the ANA
Founded in 1910, the Association of National Advertisers leads the marketing community by providing its members with insights, collaboration and advocacy. ANA's membership includes more than 525 companies with 10,000 brands that collectively spend more than $250 billion in marketing and advertising. The ANA strives to communicate marketing best practices, lead industry initiatives, influence industry practices, manage industry affairs, and advance, promote, and protect all advertisers and marketers. For more information, visit http://www.ana.net, follow us on Twitter and join us on Facebook.
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow efficiently by uncovering which actions really drive results. Founded in 2005, MarketShare has a track record of groundbreaking innovations in data, modeling and software, and has worked with over half of the Fortune 50. MarketShare's platform provides a combination of technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions that lead to improved decision-making, next-generation attribution and optimization for businesses. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Tokyo and Bangalore. For more information, visit: http://www.marketshare.com; follow us on twitter @MarketShareCo.
Luna Newton, CooperKatz & Company for the ANA
Onsite at the Conference: (917) 755-1655 or email@example.com
Marcus Hardy, CooperKatz & Company for the ANA
(917) 595-3043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Zaback, MarketShare
(917) 293-5047 or email@example.com